Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Best Sailmaker for racing F18  Bottom

• Hey y'all. I am trying to find who would make the best sails for an F18. I recently just purchased a 2010 AHPC C2. I want to get her new sails before I start racing her in regattas. Could you give me some recommendations. In that past I have used Schurr Sails down in Florida.
    Thank you for your help!
  • serpents.tooth.c2, Welcome to TheBeachcats.com!

Where are you located? Florida Gulf Coast? If you are local to Schurr it's great to be able to deal directly with the sailmaker.

The rest of the F18 crowd should chime in on this, everyone probably has there favorites.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Why not go with AHPC? When I got new sails for my Viper I made a call to Jill and they were at my house in a few days!

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • I've had great sails from Elliot Pattison and Glaser Sails.

Dave
  • If you want top level sails, contact Greg Goodall at AHPC directly and have him build a set for your team weight. Backup option is Glaser, do the same get in touch with Jay and give him your team weight. Recommend SK80 on the spinnaker, as it is more robust, limited color options though.

EP makes good sails but I am not aware of anyone racing F18's with them.

Finally, if you're in the Chesapeake are we're looking for a sparring partner, my email is the same as my screen name @ gmail.com
  • Thanks everyone for the posts! I am currently in the Chesapeake Bay area so that is why I was looking for someone, maybe, a little closer. But I have no problem using those recommendations. Also I will be interested in a sparing partner considering there are NO F18s in this area.
  • I see you have the big black booty!

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Haha. That I do! Just acquired her. She does unfortunately need a new rudder, the other one was repairable.
  • Serpents,

There is another F18 on the Bay, US, our Infusion resides in Annapolis and we are not slow (885, Slippery When Wet). We have a fleet of fast boats in Annapolis, N20's and F16's, 3 or 4 really fast teams that have come into their own in the past year, so we always have competitive starts and general racing. Wish I got in touch with you sooner, would have made arrangements to get you a spare rudder for the season closer this weekend.

As to local sail makers, we do have 1 option, I am working on it and can keep you posted privately but unlikely to have much in hand for another month or so. In the mean time, this is a very competitive class and the top sails are Goodall @ C2, Glaser @ Infusion, Performance @ Infusion, and Ullman sails Italy.
  • If I were you, i'd Steer clear of buying from Jill, she'll charge you a Dime for something that costs a penny. Go with smyth sails, he made our f16 sails and they were amazing.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • "If I were you, i'd Steer clear of buying from Jill, she'll charge you a Dime for something that costs a penny"

Jill is a tough business woman and she is in it for a profit for sure, but I (personally) feel every purchase I made from them (at least 4 (used) main sails, 2 spins, spin hoop and 2 spin poles) was a fair deal (but definitely NOT discounted)

Also Robby is a pro sailor and there are not all that many opportunities for pro racers to make money - i don't mind supporting Robby in any way. He is about the nicest guy on the water i have met (and fastest).
  • Tyler,

Do you have up to date contact information for Randy? This is the only email address I have and got no response when last used: Smythsails@cox.net

Thanks!
  • Sam, sent you a pm.

Buying from Jill or Randy are 2 very different thing. With Jill your buying a proven product that is in stock and will be at your door a few days later. That is worth very much to many people.

With Randy, your paying him to draw up a sail, have it made in the Philippines and shipped to you 10 weeks later. Randy is likely to experiment a little with your sails, he may hit the nail on the head or it may need some adjusting. If your not local to Randy, this can be a real pain in the arse. That process isn't for everyone.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Tyler, I know you. I raced against you in Pensacola with DJ...silly.

Randy is good, but he does like to experiment.
  • I have randy smyths personal phone number, and also his Smyth sails phone number, PM me if you want it.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Glaser Sails..

Jay and Pease are still very active in racing with F-18 and many other catamarans... They have been at this for a while too... have a whole new wardrobe for my F-18 from them and very pleased

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.