Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Positive feedback on vendors  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Have been doing this cat sailing thing since 1989, crap I am old.

I have been getting Hobie parts from Jim Sohn at the Sailing center in Des Moines IA for almost that long. He has forgotten more about hobie than most people know.

Since having the Nacra I have been getting parts from Rick Bliss at New England Catamarans.

The reason I use both of these guys is very simple. THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF. If I pay a small premium for that fine, to me it is much better to get the right part the first time than to have a bunch of stuff (ok more stuff) laying around.

When I rigged the 5.5 with the soft spin it had a hooter so the tang was fixed. There was no 'off the shelf' kite that was right for the boat. Skip Elliot called me personally and made a kite that fit and works fantastic and for the same money as an off the shelf kite which is what I tried the first time, no restocking no issues and he shipped it fast, as in the next day. Earned my business for life.

These three guys have more experience than just about anyone I know. Jim has been multiple Hobie 18 national champ. Rick has won the Worrell 1000 several times. And Skip is well Skip, if you do not know who he is or what he has done for cat sailing you should learn.

I have had good luck with Murrays but usually just get the stuff from one of the above even if it drop ships or takes an extra day.

This is just my experience, but I can call any one of these guys on a weekend and get help. That is priceless and they all earned it. JMHO YMMV RIcardo.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • made my second order to New Glass 2 on friday
    Got my product tuesday

Last time i ordered from them they returned $4 of my $10 in shipping (without being asked to do so).

This time I also got the pre-cleaner. When someone told me that was a waste and i could use denatured alcohol and have the same results... i did the math. The pre treat added $5 to my order (since i got a "kit")... the same amount of denatured alcohol is about $20.

The invoice and instructions give the email and phone number of the vendor in-case you have questions or problems.

Thumbs up for a great product and even better customer service!

Edited by MN3 on Oct 09, 2013 - 09:39 AM.
  • I want to give big ups to sunrise tramps and whirlwind sails... the sunrise tramp is damn well made...better than any other tramp I have seen. sure it cost over 400$ but in the long run its worth it. chip @ whirlwind was easy to deal with also...really pleased to drop some cash with these folks. my new sails rock! couldn't believe the difference they made, talk about putting a 400 in the vega!!!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • I've been buying and selling stuff on here for years and I must say, I've never had a bad experience. The only two that I have even heard of was MN3s experience with SLO, which really does sound like a 1 off problem with that company and the one Chris Hilliard identified. The latest one that is showing up I don't think was actually a problem just a disgruntled person who didn't realize what they were buying. I'm hoping that we don't see too many more issues in the future. Like I said my experience with this site and the people who buy and sell on it has been overwhelmingly positive and helpful!!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • "I want to give big ups to sunrise tramps and whirlwind sails... the sunrise tramp is damn well made...better
    than any other tramp I have seen. "

just ordered another Sunrise tramp monday. the tramp was showing it's 1000 times sailing.

my tramp got ripped when i had 180 crew and didn't tell him not to put all 180 right on the trackbolt.
  • Great luck on previous parts found on this site.
    EP, Awesome!!!
    Murray's, AWESOME!!!
    Whirlwind, great!
    Rick Bliss, AWESOME!!

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.