Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

prindle 19 mast and sail on a prindle 18-2???  Bottom

• I am thinking about buying a prindle 18-2, the boat has a prindle 19 mast and sail plan. would having a p 19 mast on a p 18-2 cause any problems???
  • from where?
    Quote am thinking about buying a prindle 18-2, the boat has a prindle 19 mast and sail plan.
  • From a friend here in panama city
  • Any advice would be much appreciated
  • ok

Edited by MN3 on Aug 16, 2013 - 09:46 PM.
  • The boat is on page 11 of the classifieds, is that the same one?
  • looks like kind of a crude conversion to H16 rudder castings.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • The conversion is pretty easy, I wouldn't be concerened about it.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • I know that boat, it does have h16 rudders.. they work very well on it.

I sailed it when he first put the rig and new sails on it .. it was not tuned at all. sailed unbalanced

Since then he has put lots of time into it and it sails much faster (and i assume balanced)
  • panamaguy_850I am thinking about buying a prindle 18-2, the boat has a prindle 19 mast and sail plan. would having a p 19 mast on a p 18-2 cause any problems???

We tried this years ago... you're going to need to customize your shrouds and forestay.... the 19 rigging will work, but you're going to need some fine tuning that will hit the limits of that rigging... Working from memory I believe there is a three inch difference in the two.. Also, get the bigger rudders. And, do not stand the stick straight up, have some rake in it...

Oh! Keep the original rig... you'll need it in heavy air

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I think you missed his point..
    he is looking at purchasing this (already converted) cat

JohnES
    panamaguy_850I am thinking about buying a prindle 18-2, the boat has a prindle 19 mast and sail plan. would having a p 19 mast on a p 18-2 cause any problems???

We tried this years ago... you're going to need to customize your shrouds and forestay.... the 19 rigging will work, but you're going to need some fine tuning that will hit the limits of that rigging... Working from memory I believe there is a three inch difference in the two.. Also, get the bigger rudders. And, do not stand the stick straight up, have some rake in it...

Oh! Keep the original rig... you'll need it in heavy air
  • MN3I think you missed his point..
    he is looking at purchasing this (already converted) cat

That's a horse of a different color.... I say buy it....

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.