Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

10-18 Kts  Bottom

• Heading out today, just trying to decided, to take my boat NACRA 17 or use a club boat (14 Hobie)?? Either way going to be fun. icon_lol

10-18Kts,

3-4 chop
    http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/marine.html icon_razz

Will icon_cool

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • How did it go? Looks like most of Florida was gnarly today.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Had a great day, actually took out a 'WETA" trimaran, boat was very forgiving even in high wind and actually moved pretty good. Awsome day of sailing, and yes weather was pretty crazy.

Will icon_biggrin

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • at 14' x 12' the weta platform gives a lot of stability

and with a shortish carbon mast there's not a lot up top to pull you over either

however you do have to be a bit careful when using the furling gennaker in the big air

and even reaching under just jib and main it pays not to cleat the mainsheet when the leeward float bow starts disappearing under the waves

Edited by erice on Jul 01, 2013 - 05:46 AM.
  • 10 Kts steady today water is 85. Taking the NACRA 17 today. Robbie Daniels (redgear racing) was at Clearwater yesterday sporting a New Alpha cat. icon_biggrin See if I can keep up today (this is a joke he is a awesome sailor)

Will icon_biggrin

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • might have been steady at 06:57 AM but I sailed fri, sat and sunday (10am-the rains chased me in)... there was nothing steady about it.. 1-18 out of the east... ugggg

PS Robie is an awesome sailor and even nicer guy. I have purchased 5 sails and spin poles from him/jil. I can't say enough nice things about him. I have also raced and trained against him ,.. all i ever see is his transom

Quote10 Kts steady today water is 85. Taking the NACRA 17 today. Robbie Daniels (redgear racing) was at Clearwater yesterday sporting a New Alpha cat. See if I can keep up today (this is a joke he is a awesome sailor)
  • Out yesterday. Had a blast. I was able to open spinnaker on. Weta. That was fun. icon_biggrin

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • I think the fore sail on the weta is a reacher

27fountainOut yesterday. Had a blast. I was able to open spinnaker on. Weta. That was fun. icon_biggrin
  • MN3I think the fore sail on the weta is a reacher

27fountainOut yesterday. Had a blast. I was able to open spinnaker on. Weta. That was fun. icon_biggrin

yes it is more a reacher than a spin

and very useful like that too

for those wanting a deeper cut assym the factory now have one but it furls badly so needs to be dropped to the deck when not in use
  • i was very impressed with the weta when i was on it about 4 years ago

It was blowing like stink and we were able to play with the reacher out without being overpowered. it was a hoot

erice
    yes it is more a reacher than a spin

and very useful like that too

for those wanting a deeper cut assym the factory now have one but it furls badly so needs to be dropped to the deck when not in use

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.