Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Snapped off Rudder! Help :0)  Bottom

• I managed to snap off my starboard rudder yesterday while sailing Arkabuttla Lake... Winds from south at 12-15 mph... Whole lake was 2' waves and white caps... Hauled butt all over the lake but on a fast reach with only leeward rudder in the water ( windward was up a foot or two ) I heard a loud snap and turned up into wind to see what happend. Bottom 2' or rudder is gone...
    Is there a way to reinforce the regular white older Hobie rudders? Or do I need to just keep lots of spares? Maybe buy some several hundred epo rudders?
    Anyone around the Memphis area have spares? ( Damon ? ) I could use a boom and a full set of battens if anyone has em. Have cash ready!
    Tim
    Grovertim@gmail.com

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae296/fxloop/DD2EDA38-1E3A-459B-92B7-2A14826437DB-2111-0000020DFE0C79FE_zps8dc2540a.jpg

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • fxloop
    Anyone around the Memphis area have spares? ( Damon ? ) I could use a boom and a full set of battens if anyone has em. Have cash ready!

Good to hear you are getting out anyway! Missed you down at Ocean Springs.

I've got an extra basic Hobie 18 rudder that would work, but I think you have to fill and re-drill the holes, you can have it for free.

Now if we are talking cash, I've got the hot setup you need.

Complete upgraded Hobie 16 rudder system,

• Adjustable castings with straight tiller arms
    • Hobie 20 style quick connects
    • Original EPO rudder blades

I was about to put it in the classifieds for $350 ($50 shipping), but if you've got $300 it's yours. Would be a great upgrade for your boat.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Tim: If you can afford it, take Damon's offer! Old plastic rudders aren't worth working on. I've snapped a few myself! You'll love the way EPOs perform, and they'll last forever and retain their value if you take care of them.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Have battens & boom (see my classifieds) & can ship. Pete 909-800-5237

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.