Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Calling all P18 owners.......  Bottom

• http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=75725&g2_serialNumber=6

If you click on the above image to enlarge, look at the bottom right pic, there is a clam cleat that is attached to the boom, I need to know how/where that cleat is attached. The P15 has the same setup, that clam cleat has a built-in fairlead to which 3/16 line is attached, which is then reeved through the eye on the rotator wishbone and back to the cleat, enabling mast rotation control. Except that the used boom I sourced does not have that cleat, have clam cleat on order but need to know where on the boom it is attached.

Thanks in advance sailors
    R
    PS, pics will be welcome
  • Mine is 26" from the end of the mast and is screwed to a plate that was slide into the track of the boom. Thanks for the post - I never noticed I was rigged my mast rotation line incorrectly - not sure i am going to change, but now I know!
  • Mine has some square nuts that slide into the track of the boom and catch when you turn the bolts into them so you can kind of adjust placement. Not sure if mi e is the exact spot it shoud be but seems to work ok.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.