Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

strange cat on Gulfport CL  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• prindle parts grow on trees around here...the way i sail, i need parts fast and cheap...the dart is like a jaguar-prindle like a ford...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • coastrati'd have to change out the kegerator cooling system and co2 lines, not to mention my custom made bikinni snaggers...

coastrat it's like having a good and faithful wife who works hard and loves me but i'm turned on by the disfunctional neighbor/former stripper....

all that was just... simply.... worth repeating..... beautiful... true & beautiful. icon_cool

Edited by robpatt on Jan 30, 2013 - 10:53 AM.
  • good analogy
    coastratprindle parts grow on trees around here...the way i sail, i need parts fast and cheap...the dart is like a jaguar-prindle like a ford...
  • MN3
    Quoteyou can easily change to another style/brand such as Hobie because there is great access to the inner hull at the stern.

I do not think this would an easy change.
    Darts have an angled transom, and very specific rudder profiles, i doubt any other rudder would work well on this skeg boat, or at least not without a ton of custom modifications

This aint Rocket Surgery - Its a damn BOAT!! None of the modifications are even close to hard to do. Maybe I feel this way because I fabricate stuff everyday but I think you guys are making mountains out of molehills.

I'm changing a big boats rudder system from under hung to transom hung cassette, just so the boat will go into shallow water. It would be real easy to put it back stock but what fun is that?? Whipping up a very adjustable system for a beach cat would take a good weekend, a couple of stolen street signs and a cutting board from wal-mart

--
    Lee - On the BIG Lake in MS

Harstil Kaulua 31 - Current Project Boat
    Cal 25 - What ? Time to freshen it up again??
    MC Scow 16 (1 in the water and 1 parts/project) SOLD
    Capri 22 - What do you mean you wont deliver it??
    Chrysler Pirateer 13 - new addition to the fleet
    --
  • QuoteThis aint Rocket Surgery -

Correct, it is hydro-dynamics, and drag Surgery

The mounting is not the hard part.. .the hard part is getting the shape of the rudder to work as well or better than the stock configuration - which is proven to work extremely well. If you are talking about re-using the rudders and fabrication a different casting system.... that is not what i was referring to. I was talking about the rudders

As i said, if you are a fabricator, and trying different rudder systems is how you like to spend your down time... have a blast. Personally, i would rater purchase a back up (stock) rudder so i can sail more vs. trying to re-invent the wheel
  • By the time you spend time AND money on this boat you could buy Tami's Square (or any number of other boats for sale for that matter) and be sailing, and at that, faster....
  • HEY JAY!! I'm not going to buy anything right now. I've got a 31ft beast of a cat in the back yard now, I'm working on that is taking up all the boat bucks!! Plus all the other 'toys'!! I'm about ready to come down and have a beer or two with you guys!!

--
    Lee - On the BIG Lake in MS

Harstil Kaulua 31 - Current Project Boat
    Cal 25 - What ? Time to freshen it up again??
    MC Scow 16 (1 in the water and 1 parts/project) SOLD
    Capri 22 - What do you mean you wont deliver it??
    Chrysler Pirateer 13 - new addition to the fleet
    --
  • captedteach
    This aint Rocket Surgery - Its a damn BOAT!! None of the modifications are even close to hard to do. Maybe I feel this way because I fabricate stuff everyday but I think you guys are making mountains out of molehills.

I concur

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.