Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trailex Aluminium Trailer Tubing  Bottom

• I have a trailex aluminium trailer which holds my Inter 20. the trailer is a few years old, its a very "standard" trailer nothing special. The tubing is rectangle with a grove down the center which I can slide in a bold, add on an attachment, and tighten the bolt and the attachment will stay in place.

im looking to raise my cradles up by the thickness of about 3 inches, and the easiest way to do this would be to add a 6 inch long piece of trailer tubing under my cradle. my trailer already has one of these 6 inch sections, so im just gona stack another.

im doing searches on google for "Trailer tubing" and im not getting anywhere. i should be able to buy this tubing by the linear foot somewhere right? if i could get a 2 feet section, i could hack saw it down to the four 6 inch pieces i need.

just thought i'd ask this forum, to see if anyone know where to get this tubing from.

Thanks.
  • Call 800-282-5042 and order a piece of the extrusion or order this:
    http://www.trailex.com/options2.cfm?id=115

I would just call them . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • If you're just looking for 2" square aluminium stock, check a local scrap yard or metal recycler. Many of them resell scrap non-ferrous metal rather than recycling it. Should be faster and cheaper than buying from Trailex.

--
    Jeremy Hales
    1974 SOLCAT 18
    Salem, OR
    --
  • nher207im doing searches on google for "Trailer tubing" and im not getting anywhere. Thanks.

Use keyword aluminum extrusion tubing". There are tons of different vendors to choose from. The easiest one to look up is McMaster Carr:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#t-slotted-framing/=l86iq3

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --
  • Thanks for all the responses. I found what im looking for.
  • My aluminum Trailex has the crossbars(that the cradles are attached to) fixed to the underside of the longitudinal stringers. Could you not just undo the fittings & move it to the TOP of the stringers?
    That would raise the cradles by the thickness of the original beams.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Planning to do exactly that to my P15's Highlander trailer, all the other trailers I've had, the cross-beams were mounted on top of the longitudinal spars...... eh Will lift the hulls 3-4 inches higher
  • It would raise the cradles by the thickness of the crossbeams AND the thickness of the longitudinal stringers (or frame). . .

I've mounted the crossbeams both under or over to get the height that I needed.

--
    Philip
    --
  • this is a GREAT idea..except if you mount on the top, that will interfere if you had a box to store the sails in. unless you mounted the box to the cross beams which are now sitting ontop of the frame.

Edited by nher207 on Jan 29, 2013 - 02:26 PM.
  • If you go to Cut2size Metals they can cut any size and ship normally the next day. They have a lot of sizes and shapes that you might need if they don't have if they will try to find it for you,or recommend something else that might work.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.