Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Checklist / Spreadsheet / packing list for taking out your Beachcat?  Bottom

• Does anyone have a checklist for taking out their boat? It seems like I'm always forgetting something. VHF, hat, sunscreen etc. If you've got a checklist post it up!! I want to create a nice spreadsheet to keep from forgetting stuff.

--
    Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
    --
  • Well, ... no.

What I do have is a toolbox with things I might need at the boat. So I have specific tools, like pliers and a couple of screwdrivers and a knife and some electrical tape. and a 3/8" ratchet with a socket for the rudder bolts, .... well you get the picture. That way I have the pliers when I need them. It means owning duplicates for some items, but I'm told buying tools is a man's prerogative. Plus a few parts and some special purpose tools, like a rudder tension adjustment huge screwdriver. It's a Hobie thing.

My thought was you could extend that idea to "The Boat Box", so that the VHF, hats for the family and spares, sunscreen, etc. would all normally be there and you could just pick it up and go.
  • This is what we use and it definitely keeps us from forgetting things. We have multiple boats so it sort of reflects different rigging setups.

Catamaran Sailing Checklist

(1) Manual for catamaran

(2) Rigging Bag

(3) Boom With Mainsheet and Blocks

(4) Rudders-Make Sure Rudder pins Are Packed

(5) Rudder Stick

(6) Main Sail

(7) Jib Sail-Make Sure Sheet And Blocks Are Packed

(8) Christmas Tin And Prindle Parts Tub

(9) Jib Sheet Preventer

(10) Sailbag- Pfd's,Wetsuit,Gloves,Booties,Sun Glasses,Sun Screen,Towel,Dry Clothes,Harnesses

(11) Paddles

(12) Tool Bag

(13) Drain Plugs

(14) License Plate

(15) Spare Tire

(16) Telo-Cat

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.