Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 18m sq.  Bottom

• I just had a fore stay nearly come out of one of my Nacra 18 m sq. hulls. I think I need new hull or new boat rather than try to repair. Any ideas where I may be able to find new hull or boat. Is there an active fleet where I may be able to get some assistance? If not I will be selling new Elliott sail and shopping for new cat.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Eric
  • Not sure how your boat is made but i just fixed a similar problem on my Supercat. My boat had a bulkhead glassed in the hull that the bow tang was bolted to. My bulkheads had come loose and were about to pull out. It ended up not being a terribly hard fix, it was my first big repair attempt too. I just created an album that shows that repair, check it out it may help you.

http://thebeachcats.com/pictures/?g2_itemId=88707

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=88735&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • We have 8 - 18 SqM @ our club on Lake Norman (LNYC.ORG). The boat can definitely be fixed, and you should probably do both sides @ the same time. We do have some hulls but they've been experimented on and I would question their structural integrity. If you can find an old 5.5 the hulls are the same. If you're interested in selling the sail let me know, we have some new owners that are evaluating buying sails and might be able to sell it to one of them.
  • I thought that boat and the Nacra 5.5 have the same hulls. A 5.5 may be easier to find.

--
    Todd

Virginia Beach, VA

Nacra 5.0
    --
  • PM me for a phone number if you want to talk.
  • I have two 18 Squares: one a stock NACRA, one a custom Category I. The NACRA comes with a tilting trailer and lots of extra parts and has a custom main. Both are listed here at theBeachcats:

http://www.thebeachcats.c…re-meter-catamarans.html
  • Hi Eric,
    I have an nacra 5.5 18sq that i am doing some glass work on - you may need a "splash mold" taken off of another 5.5 to get proper hull shape.... this is a mold taken from the outside of another boat that you use to build up from the inside of your hull..... useful when you need to do a complicated shape like where the forestay comes out of the hull... where are you located? - I needed a splash mold for where my beam bolt came out of the hull - I just spend many hours trying to shape the area back to something that looks like the other hull..... I can make a splash mold pretty fast if that will help..

Edited by eventmedia on Aug 03, 2012 - 01:12 PM.

--
    Eric Mackey
    Great Lakes and Beyond
    NACRA 5.5 18sq & 5.2
    --
  • jaybird1111I have two 18 Squares: one a stock NACRA, one a custom Category I. The NACRA comes with a tilting trailer and lots of extra parts and has a custom main. Both are listed here at theBeachcats:

http://www.thebeachcats.c…re-meter-catamarans.html

No pictures Jay? I know you must have a ton. Pictures of the boats and your cool tilt trailers would help sell them for sure.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • erichansonI just had a fore stay nearly come out of one of my Nacra 18 m sq. hulls. I think I need new hull or new boat rather than try to repair. Any ideas where I may be able to find new hull or boat. Is there an active fleet where I may be able to get some assistance? If not I will be selling new Elliott sail and shopping for new cat.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Eric

Eric,

Welcome to TheBeachcats.com. See the instructions in my signature for posting pictures, you can get some more advice about your F18 if you can post pictures of the damage.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.