Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SHROUDS FOR PRINDLE 15  Bottom

• I want to change my shrouds (they measure 18'2") on my P15. Does anyone know if those lengths are compatable with any other boats as I can't find P15 shrouds through any distributor?

--
    Virginiasailor
    Prindle 15
    --
  • Don't waste your time buying used. You can get new pretty cheap from Salty Dog and they are good. If you realy need cheap, you probably get them by making your own at West marine but maybe not. I bought a complete set of standing rigging from Salty dog and all the high stress cables are double swaged
  • Thanks, I found a Salty Dog nearby who will be able to do it all just as you described.

--
    Virginiasailor
    Prindle 15
    --
  • Sounds good. I hate using old cabling that have places that can't be inspected like inside the swages or at the edge of the swages. That is where failures happen most. Possibly because flaws elsewhere are open to be seen and get replaced before failure but they do fail arounf where the swages are . Good luck with yours. I need to get off my butt and finish getting mine ready to sail and get it on the water.
  • You should also try CatSailor.com they sell all those parts and are competitive pricing. That's where I got my shroud set when I bought my Prindle 16 in 2007- everything fit perfectly- don't forget to buy the 2 shrouds that come up from the hulls to meet the forestay. John icon_smile
  • I have the the forestay and the bridles on my list to change also. After that I only need to find some CAT TRAX. (was hoping not to have had to buy new - but they are rare to find used)

--
    Virginiasailor
    Prindle 15
    --
  • Quoteneed to find some CAT TRAX. (was hoping not to have had to buy new - but they are rare to find used)

Most people who have them sell them with the cat as an incentive. There are lots of posts here where cattrax sealed the deal.

Edited by klozhald on May 25, 2012 - 12:13 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.