Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Jib Snorkels  Bottom

• I'm looking to purchase a jib snorkel. Has anyone had experience with either the Hobie or Murrays snorkels? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob.
  • Maybe not what you had in mind, but what about a UV strip?
    I had the sailmaker sew a 12" UV strip along jib. When you furl it, (roller furling) the only exposed section is the UV strip. After you pull on the furkling line, your sail storage is finished. I looked into the snorkel, you need to attach the halyard & lift the snorkel up the jib, while zipping it. The UV strip takes "0" seconds, it installs as you furl. Total cost to have it done was $150, & that inxcluded removing the 2 short battens on the nacra jib & replacing them with longer battens, placed on a 45* angle, to allow the jib to furl.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • We use the one you can buy on ebay. So far it has held up fine and is simple to run up with the main
    halyard.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • This is what my son uses on his H16. He's on his second one, got about 9 yrs on the last one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J…28&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1156

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • ~~ I got 2 I think from Murrays.... maybe 79 bucks,,,,, There well worth it, it'll save yer sail
    (2 for my 17 & 18)

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Hey popeyez7, yer right on flt 204s home grounds. ever sail with them? Check out our 34th annual regatta on the regatta calender Aug 3-5 at Hamlin Beach up on the big lake. fair winds to ya.........

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • ~~ Hey Mike.... I was a memeber of 204 at one time. I know some of the guys, but that was years ago.... I did a Google of Hilton, ny
    My girlfriends mother lives in Bergin and we'll be going there next weekend. Shes gonna stay the for the weekend, I'am drivin my own truck to leave when I want.... I'am gonna do some things for her mom that they can't do.... then I'am FREE icon_biggrin If ya gotta few hours for coffee & chit-chat ??? Send me yer address and I'll put ya in my GPS....... contact me..... popeyez7(at) aol(dot)com

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • hey popeyez7, i sent ya an e-mail with contact info if ya get a chance next week have a safe trip up here and bergen is a nice little town.........

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.