Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Triple trapping  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Sandy Hook Catamaran club at the Jersey Shore come on up for our Statue of Liberty race July 1 this year may be we can get the Situation to crew for you ......
  • Sorry for the intermission folks, had to tend to the real world . . . . you know, work, employees, etc. then a concert. Allow me to respond. Damon, I will employ the paragraph key. icon_wink

It has previously been psycho-babbled:
    George1067As posted before I said, WONT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WILL thanks to auto correct it changed itself , can you read ?

Well slap my knee GeorgeAnnie. I'm so sorry. This has been a big misunderstanding due to the 'ole auto correct and your post changing itself. Darn that auto correct gets me sometimes too. I'll buy you a beer. Hey maybe you can send me some of those vitamins your taking. After reading your prose they seem to be the kind that let you go on a trip but you never leave the room.

Buried in copious diatribe it was asked (again): icon_evil
    George1067Were in the modifier does it say three up, if you know your Portsmouth rating so well.

I'm guessing you meant "Where" not "Were". Must be the darn "anti" correct this time . . . .
    Anyhow, please try to pay attention this time, as we have already gone over this before. Sit down, turn off Oprah, read it SLOWLY, then read it again. Maybe, just maybe you might get it. As I stated before . . .

Philip previously explained to Ritalin deficient ADHD ears:
    mummpNo, the modifier doesn't specify it , the DPN Class designation does. That's covered in the original base rating.

OK, I'm guessing right now either your brain is hurting or a light just went off and you want to crawl in the corner and hide. Nah, you're just to argumentative for that. That adolescent tendency to have the last word and all. So focus on the class designation please, not the modifier. Are you with me? Do I need to slow down?

Class designation, you know, under Multihull Classes it is listed . . . ready for this, the Nacra 20, a one design class boat. Shocking isn't it. The Nacra class rules stipulate that the platform is sailed with a crew of TWO!

OMG, pick yourself up off the floor and get back into your desk and wipe the drool off your bib. Ok, this is where you might go into vapor lock, so concentrate. Take a deep breath. Breathe out. Read it slowly and let's try to put the pieces together. . .

US SAILING GOD ALMIGHTYAnd so it is written . . .

"All ratings for ONE-DESIGN and OPEN CLASS racing are BASED on boats being equipped with class approved sails and other class approved equipment. Each competitor shall declare ALL non class approved sails and equipment and shall comply with minimum total crew weight and NUMBER OF CREW."

Focus on the word "ONE-DESIGN" and the word "BASED" and the words "COMPLY WITH NUMBER OF CREW".
    For now try not to get hung up on non class approved sails, etc. I'll spell it out for you:
    The Portsmouth ratings are BASED on the ONE-DESIGN approved class (in this case the Nacra 20) and you should COMPLY with the class design NUMBER OF CREW (which is two). Deviate from the standard class design and configuration (ie: 3 on board) take a hit.

Again, the modifier doesn't need to specify this , the DPN Class designation and standard configuration does it already. Are you paying attention? It does not have to be specifically listed in the modification tables to receive an adjustment (i.e. lifting foils, curved boards, wings, 3 crew on board, synthetic standing rigging, etc.). The Class designation/ standard configuration takes care of this. Funny thing is you posted this fact already.

George1067's mindless cut and paste that he himself is arguing againstAny other deviations from standard class configurations, including the addition of wings, can be assessed a penalty of at least 0.995. Multiple deviations may incur multiple penalties. Penalties may be greater than 0.995.

Problem is you just don't comprehend what you posted.

Come to think of it, this is probably over your head. I give up. Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life here . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • Hummp, Sorry I couldn't get back to you last night I know you felt the need to tell every one how important you feel you are with your opening paragraph . Not that any one else here has has a job employees Etc you know a life ... I am sorry to disappoint you ..So self absorbed we are Hummp

I would have to say that I guess you know more than our racing program of 30 years and the person who runs it. A Hobie 17 national champ three times and also placed in the Hobie 16 worlds so he probably doesn't know one design does he. Guess youss bes rights mans wes nuttin but a bunch of dumb asses .. I missed spelled that on purpose Mr. Arrogant piss boy .. Also when writing to your reply's I am mutli tasking so excuse me for making a couple errors as you pointed out but I do apricate it Thank you there might be a couple more so please let me know again ...

So you would be right, by what the original Dpn statement 2 up, but the h3 is for weight not people. We like to encourage racing, so we feel the penality from class rule to penalize for three is unfair and the same goes for single handed boats that sail with two people... You already are at a disadvantage , on any beach cat over class weight .. But Gilligan can't see past that point . So yes hummp you are correct and I am wrong buy not penalizing for not class .... Sorry we use the weight ratings at our club guess we should check with you Hummp next time. Why dont you ask some of the top f-18 north east guys, who race our Statue of Liberty distance race each year, (going on its 30 th year) if we use the weight modifiers ?? They don't seem to have a problem with it .
    .. If you know so much then if at a race, why wouldn't you let some one sail with three people and tipple trap and keep your mouth shut and laugh, because your are unable to do that . Bet you make getting laid a complication . Again your not at a national I 20 event, are they even any I 20 events any more Hummp??? No boat is dead, not even in Nacras production line any more ....Your are at a what follow me now, READ... Portsmouth race with modifiers.. .. Psssssst I know some one who knows you and races against you ,they say you cry like a spoiled brat all the time at races . Since you don't use the heavy modifier do you even use the light ratings? Do you even check for making class weight for every class ?? I bet your the type that just uses what suits his needs best, and argues everything else just like this ....How funny to argue about three up being a advantage

, See you sent the guy packing even before the race. See what I am saying folks d*ck tude that's what got the ball rolling nice and friendly response..

Friendly Hummp wrote
    Quotebut don't expect to show up with 3 traps and 3 on board and expect to get away with it.

Why didn't you say there are some modifiers that will apply and extend a invite to race ... How friendly you are ... You can just tell speaks volumes about you ..

... I know your type your the d*ck at the races who is always crying about something, race comity, course, equipment wind shift to A mark. Looking for none class legal tramps or in your case probably checking line thickness to that of class specks (bet you would protest that ) .Your the type who takes the fun out of racing and discourage people from racing .. Every club has one or two, do you even belong to a club? Most clubs frown on people like you ...

Hummp wrote
    Quote NO pissing contest here, but piss my way and expect the same, but with a heavier shower.

Like I stated before think you should go find some one for you golden showers, boy you need a outlet you spent way to much time on this ... Your a funny guy and no I wouldn't let you buy me a beer you may roofie me and I may find you standing over me peeing on me ...

What are you going to do when I 20 goes to f-20 rule god, I would not want to be at any where near a race with you in it, they could never get a race off .. You should just man up and go f-18 or f-16 since you talk class racing ... I will look for you at the next f-18 event ..

Hummpy besses corrects icon_eek
    QuoteThe Portsmouth ratings are BASED on the ONE-DESIGN approved class (in this case the Nacra 20) and you should COMPLY with the class design NUMBER OF CREW (which is two). Deviate from the standard class design and configuration (ie: 3 on board) take a hit.

[See unlike you, most people would realize that any beach cat with three on board would already be taking a hit, so we don't penalize for that .. We see it as a disadvantage so that's why we give the h3 rating .. But your so smart that you see 3 on a beach cat as a advantage. Wow do tell how heavier equals faster? How is a platform designed for its optimum weight being over loaded is a advantage .. See D*cks like you make people not want to race .. Your so oxygen starved and consumed buy your own self loathing, your the only one I know of that sees weight being a advantage on beach cat .. Well you may be right 5 to 10 % of the time hmmmm so I am wrong again . It is nice to see they do have a work program still going strong for mentally impaired .. Go back to work licking stamps and envelopes now .

Hummp wrote
    Quote you're just to argumentative for that. That adolescent tendency to have the last word and all.

Lets see will you contradict your own line Hummp?? Bait is set come get it ....

FYI
    Your picture with Hooters and Toys R Us kinda creepy but hey when you strike out at hooters, you do have the Toys R Us to go trolling at, probably you could score there with you personality..

Edited by George1067 on Feb 29, 2012 - 11:23 AM.
  • Hi Philip

QuoteGood Morning Andrew

--
    Philip
    "Life is a daring adventure . . . or nothing at all"
  • Hey guys (George and Mummp) Two very important things 1) It is not very entertaining reading 2) Who cares other than you guys Now lets take a show of hands How many people think this is entertaining or valuable reading? Coastrat put your hand down, the golden showers is not Miller Lite.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Your choice to read LOL ......Come on now that's funny But ya I do I agree with you
  • Quotethe golden showers is not Miller Lite

so, is it bud light?....i know one thing for sure it wasn't cold at all. had a little "wang" to it...tasted like this beer i had once on a camping trip these guys gave me, they sure laughed a lot while i was drinking it but what the heck, it was free! icon_biggrin

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • golfdad75Hey guys (George and Mummp) Two very important things 1) It is not very entertaining reading 2) Who cares other than you guys Now lets take a show of hands How many people think this is entertaining or valuable reading? Coastrat put your hand down, the golden showers is not Miller Lite.

1. I agree (with George), if you don't want to read / hear what they have to say.. .click away
    2. i love to watch Philip argue.. (it is usually with me),
    3. there is actually a lot of interesting / valuable info in this thread

4. Bill.... ahhh nevermind... carry-on :)
  • Thank you MN3 hats off to you , guess I was right about hummp hmmm .. We all know and love them any way lol ...
  • Well how would I know if it was interesting reading if I clicked away. You Yankees are strange people.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Goofdad75

It's pretty simple if you didn't find it entertaining or informational the first time .. Why would you even want to go back and read .. I don't know guess me being a Yankee and strange as you put it, gives me the ability to figure out if the first read didn't entertain me and the subject matter didn't change, well from there its pretty rudimentary.. But hey I am a Yankee and strange, that is why this subject matter and this thread is now long overdue , to be considered dead and beating a dead horse ...

Edited by George1067 on Mar 04, 2012 - 09:51 AM.
  • What a play on words. icon_lol Now I am trying to figure out if over do is a play on words icon_confused . If it is a play on words kudos to you. Somehow I doubt it.
    QuoteGoofdad75

Just trying to keep the conversation lively.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • Goofdad75

I didn't know this was a conversation but okay... We are now quoting Shakespeare on a cat sailing site .. I am happy for you that you can quote Shakespeare talk about getting off topic but hey each of us,feels the need to show our abilities.. Since you didn't add to the sailing part of this thread only your dislike of it , guess you can add to the literary portion for that I personally Thank you for your input...

Edited by George1067 on Mar 04, 2012 - 03:38 PM.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.