Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

NACRA 570  Bottom

• I made some Google search, and I don't find a lot of information on the NACRA 570. I was looking for forums talking about this Cata.
    I'm now thinking that the Nacra 570 users spend more of their time on the water and not front of the computer, which is a good news, or that this boat doesn't have much problem to talk about, which again is good. But, maybe that there is not a lot's of boat and so no much experience to share, which is not good.
    Well, the few topics I found here in "TheBeachcats.com" forums, give me a positive feeling. But I would like to know more of this model, tips, technical advice and so on, but don't find them.
    Anybody know why there isn´t a lot of topics about the 570? Why other model have a lot´s of information about them? And if somebody knows a place where I can find more experience information, links, etc, can you please send me the links, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Patrick.

--
    Patrick DW.
    Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico.
    --
  • Are you referring to a 5.7 cat no dagger boards,boomless main?
  • Okay, The 570 is the newer version of the nacra 5.7, both boomless skeg cats. 5,7 meters long, that's about 18-19 foot.
    They are nice boats though a bit underpowered if you ask me. such a large boat and no boards mean that you need to work to get the bows buried and gain height. that means slow!
    They come in multiple versions if you are buying new, get the sport one, it has a nice spi and makes the downwind ride much better.
    link to nacra

In my opinion not that much a starter boat, they are large and not made for soloing.

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • Hey Patrick,

Welcome (back) to TheBeachcats.com, I remember the first time you posted you mentioned you live on a Gulf Island in the South of Mexico. Any other beachcat sailors in your area?

If you can, please create your signature, link on how to do it in my signature.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I am selling my Nacra 5.7 because I bought a Nacra F18 Infusion off a member here recently. I still have the 5.7 and it is a wonderful boat. Yes the 570 is the newer sister to the 5.7. They are "not" slow however but may lack the spinnaker that is so useful down wind for powering up. They are about 18' 4" with a 34 foot mast. They are skegless and forgiving in shallow water. Because there are no daggerboards they are a bit harder to go direct into the wind. They do have great floatation and are very hard to pitchpull. Racing they want there bows weighted down and you can feel the boat speed up as you move forward. I often have the crew on the wire move up and straddle the front cross bar or even further while racing to give the extra nose weight. Getting knocked of the hull when beyond that usually sends them back toward the mast I have clicked 18 to 19 knots on a windy day with no problems and we also have two 570's on the beach that give a consistent good show also. They are not a F18 class boat however and shouldnt be considered as one. They are a great forgiving stable platform that will provide a exciting day out on the water for those who have the desire to fly the hull. The 570 does have a boom were the 5.7 doesnt use one. The 570 uses a self tacking jib and the 5.7 uses the barber hauler system. They both have large jibs. They drop in about 395 lbs. each. Righting either boat is not difficult even though you dont have the daggerboard to stand on for leverage. Although I wanted to be more competitve with my Infusion I still love the 570/ 5.7 design very much. It is a great all around cat for sport and family fun days out on the water.
    Jenna

Edited by JennaMeyer on Feb 15, 2012 - 10:57 AM.

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    Facebook: Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club
    --
  • ps,, most Hobie 16 owners are amazed at how flat the boat sails without the rocking from the curved 16 hull design,

--
    2007 Nacra F18 Infusion
    www.fleet250.org
    Facebook: Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club
    --
  • Thanks all for the quick and useful response.
    DamonLinkous, Thanks, you have a good memory. I know that there is one or 2 other cat´s in the Island, but I think they are Hobbie Wave or Gateway. I never saw them sailing, just some rumors from friends who told me they saw the boats in a garage.... I think they use it on vacation in Cancun, but not here.
    JennaMeyer, thanks for this good explanation, very useful. I only spot a detail, you mention that the 570 does have a boom, but all the info I found says that the 570 does not have a boom.

I don't have the opportunity here to compete here, so what I want is a fast Cat for 1 to 2 person, make some trip around the Island and also long ride along the gulf coast and the Riviera Maya. One problem her is that there is a lot of shallow water places hard to see, and this is the reason to choose a cat without a daggerboard. I like the size of the trampoline, it allow me to put some bags on it (Water, it´s very hot and humid her, food, security thinks etc).

I like also the fact that it doesn't pitchpull so easily, I know that he will do it, but it will forgive me sometimes. The fact that it is not easy for me to find a good partner with experience, I need something that will forgive parts of the mistakes due to inexperience from the partner and not boring him spending his time swimming and scaring him.

And at least I have some places to put my family also (wife and 2 kids) for some family trip.

Now, if somebody have recommendations, it will be really appreciated.

--
    Patrick DW.
    Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.