Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

05 Nacra (pre-infusion) F-18 forestay & bridle  Bottom

• Inherited a weird mod to the forestay rigging on my 05 Nacra F18....all the parts are there but the measurements must be off. When I try to insert the spi pole through the spin pole holder, it doesn't line up. A pre-existing double loop of line dangles below the holder for the pole to go through...that arrangement does work OK but I'd like to get back to the intended configuration (gonna replace all the rigging eventually). But nobody seems to have specs on what the forestay and bridle wire measurements should be. Murray's was the only one with any data like this and they gave info for the I-18 and the Infusion models.

Question...Does anyone have a pre-infusion Nacra F-18 who knows or could measure the forestay and bridle for me?

Thanks,
    Bert

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • Do the Inter-18 numbers not add up? I thought the pre-infusion was the I-18.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Well, that makes the most sense to me. I need to actually measure what is in use now and compare. If the current set up is different (shorter) than the info I got for an I-18, I'll assume that is correct and take a chance and just order it. I just thought I'd reach out for some confirmation...but yes, the thought was (with fair certainty) that the I-18 basically became the pre-infusion. I just didn't get 100% certainty. I also realize there is some play in the length of the fastener...I'd just like to know it's correct.

Thanks,

Bert

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • Check with Don at Salty Dog Marine,he is a wealth of rigging knowledge and will make you what you need. icon_cool

He has always helped me. icon_cool

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • OK, thanks

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • I have an 02 model Nacra F18 and replaced all my wire rigging two years ago. I went through Key Sailing and Kirk ordered the rigging from performance. I still run the jib furler but do not use the spin pole hanger and have converted to a mid pole. Call Key Sailing and talk with KirK.

I got the idea that the 02 and 03 were different than the 04 and 05 but I could be wrong.

Edited by nacra55 on Jan 24, 2012 - 08:44 AM.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.