Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Best places to sail the gulf??  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Should you go the rental route, here are three places the I know of that rent cats (mostly Hobies) in south Florida:

Holiday Water Sports on Ft. Myers Beach: (http://www.holidaywatersportsfmb.com/)

Miami Catamarans (http://www.MiamiCatamarans.com/)

Performance Sail and Sport in Melbourne: (http://www.performancesailandsport.com/)

Biscayne Bay (Miami) is good sailing and of course the farther south you go the warmer it is.

--
    Dave Wilson
    Hobie 16, Hobie 14
    Tampa, FL
    --
  • archVerbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.
    - Dan Quayle, 11/30/88

OMG this is a funny quote!
    I used to work with his brother Mike here in Phoenix.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • I am planning to move to the Florida Gulf Coast near Sarasota from New Jersey. I sail from the beach here and would like to know the options available in the Sarasota area. I know beach permits are available in Naples; do other beach communities on the gulf have similar programs?
  • panama city beach.......here i/we come!!
    next week (april 8th) i'm delivering the N5.8 i sold last october to the new owner in AL. we're set up in a great condo just across the street from the gulf. five of us are going from nebraska.

thanks for all the advice and tips! it motivated me to make the long drive! yes
    j

Edited by arch on Apr 03, 2012 - 07:42 PM.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Arch, you picked a truly beautiful place to sail.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • hope you don't mind bikinnis!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • tyler,
    are you on the water yet? maybe we could get together next week if you're interested in sailing together or just giving us some pointers on gulf sailing? we'll there mon-fri. staying at la valencia (west beach). let me know if this sounds like something you'd like to do!
    j

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Dan, how Long will your stay be? I am considering hauling my boat down there for the weekend

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • brig_billI am planning to move to the Florida Gulf Coast near Sarasota from New Jersey. I sail from the beach here and would like to know the options available in the Sarasota area. I know beach permits are available in Naples; do other beach communities on the gulf have similar programs?

i sail out of sarasota, the Sarasota sailing squadron (http://www.sarasotasailingsquadron.org) has mast up storage and great launching places to get to the beach

Edited by optikid on Apr 05, 2012 - 08:15 PM.

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • bacho,
    this is 'arch' also known as jon (not dan.) we arrive sat evening (7th) and will probably set up on sun. morning and try to sail in the afternoon. we'll be in PCB the whole week and drive out on sat the 14th.
    right now we aren't sure where to put in. i only have rear wheel drive so the sand could get me stuck.

it would be great to sail together but our schedules may not overlap.
    my cell is 402.613.5790 which i should have on starting fri. at 6am. call if this works for you.
    j

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • I will let you know what I come up with. I'm mostly going down there to go fishing. There is nowhere that I know of to launch of off the beach near PCB, I would give St Andrews state park a try. The Bonita bay ramp on Tyndall works well but it's quite a ride to the ocean from there.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • there's a great launch point at Key Sailing in PCB (PensaCola Beach... not Panama City)... Kirk Newkirk (owner) hosts regattas there... check out his website, and google map the place, you'll probably see cats on the beach... easy to launch out of there and fun sailing... AND he just got in the new NACRA F-16, you can drool on it... icon_smile
  • thanks guys. we found an access (#84) about 1 mile from our condo that will work. we'll use the beach wheels to take it most of the way to the water but it should be fine.
    love the beach and the white sand. the prospect of steady breeze instead of gusting/shifting wind has us really excited as well.
    thanks again!
    j

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.