Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Racing Timer  Bottom

• I just bought the Ronstan ClearStart Racing watch (4031) last week and it didn't even last the first race. It wasn't very waterproof and when I launched my cat, I noticed a drop of water under the face. The next day the glass was fogged over and the watch didn't work. Does anyone have a suggestion of racing watch that will last for a while that is relatively inexpensive?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Look at Casio watches that have a countdown timer and auto repeat function. Here's one. RTFM. Wally World has it for $41

http://www.casio.com/prod…atches/Sports/SGW100-1V/

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • I use the cheap Timex Iron Man from Wally world about 30 bucks. You have to look for the one with a countdown timer, I get them with countdown repeat so when we have multiple starts it just keeps up. I never put a battery in them, just replace them when the battery dies. JMHO, YMMV, Ricardo.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • I got a Timex Iron Man, too, back when I crewed on a guy's monohull in the local regattas. It lasted for years before the battery went kaput. I stuck it in a box when I moved to Hawaii. A couple of years ago I pulled it out and swapped the batteries. Still chuggin'. Countdown works, too. If I ever go back to racing, I'll keep using it or get something similar.

Tom

--
    Tom Benedict
    Island of Hawaii
    P-Cat 18 / Sail# 361 / HA 7633 H / "Smilodon"
    --
  • I bought the Ronstan ClearStart watch also from West Marine, but bought the replacement package. Sure enough the first one failed (water in the face), but I returned it and they gave me a new one. I have'nt had any problems with the second one. I like it because I can see the numbers without my reading glasses ;p

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.