Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

boat shoes  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• optikidi used this "Shoe" in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYaYIJNPp5c

Looked like that RIB was trying to swamp you at 2:14 in!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Has anyone ever tried these?

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/avavdance/BIKILA_LS_BLACK_GREY.jpg

--
    NACRA 18 SQ uared

Okanagan, BC, Can
    --
  • it was blowing 30kns so we had all the coaches out. the laser sailors in optis 2 coaches sailing optis RWB sailing are own boat(im in red) green fleet watching in the RIBS(the younger kids).

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • I recently bought some zhik 460 boots. If its warm enough I prefer bare feet but these seem to work well.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • when it's light air i prefer to take off the shoes and chill but when it's blowing i like to have my toesies protected, all it takes is a little mishap where some line gets snatched between your toes or you bust your arse on the trap and your foot gets raked across something. not to mention stepping on oyster shells which can be like knife blades. so my specifications would be tough enough sole, mesh uppers, covered toes, not too clunky, booty height(staying warm not an issue), quick dry, and make me look like a pretty princess....(just kidding, te he!!).

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • I like my Keens. I had a pair of Newport H2s that were a bit on the small side given to me. Didn't wear them for a year, but then discovered they make great boat shoes.

--
    Jeff R
    '88 H18 "Jolly Mon"
    '10 C2 USA1193
    NE IN / SE MI
    cramsailing.com
    --
  • Only in San Francisco
    QuoteHas anyone ever tried these?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • a couple choices for decent prices...

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/mens-water-shoes

the first pair of north face ones are kind of interesting for the price..

decent price = deal, not so much dirt cheep

Edited by matt922 on Nov 07, 2011 - 10:31 PM.
  • My brother gave me a pair of those 5 toe shoes and I absolutely hate them. People swear by them, especially runners, but they are so uncomfortable and offer little protection. I try to always wear boots because the few times I haven't I have messed up my feet. I have very long toes and can pull in the mainsheet with my feet, but I also get cought on everything.

I agree with the San Francisco comment. They are stupid, ugly and, uh...

IMHO.
  • icon_confused And I thought that cat owners were cool people talking about cool things. What's the next conversation going to be about, neoprene underwear? I can have these types of conversations with my wife when we go "fun" shopping at the mall people! GRRR

Ok, sorry for being cranky, my boat is away for winter and my body is still trying to adjust.. icon_rolleyes

--
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marc C.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    Current love: Nacra 5.0
    Old loves: Int Laser, Int Europe, Int 470, Int 420, Vaurien
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    --
  • joint

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=83015&g2_

old boat shoes in back ground, current up front...the new ones are the most comfortable boat shoe ever, ugly, but extremely comfy. if they had just put a mesh upper on them they would be awesome...but as is, they stay wet for days(not what she said)...

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Just got my OTB SAR boots in the mail today. Man, those Navy Seals wear some comfy sticky boots!! Can't wait to try them out on the boat!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • pulled the trigger on the new sperry's, got them from zappos(great company btw). they had the muppet green pair for 52$ as opposed to 65$ for the blue(goin' ugly saves cash i guess). real comfy, ultralight...but will be a long time before they and i get wet in them! definetly not cold water gear but wasn't looking to stay warm, quite the oposite here in africasippi... icon_eek

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • has any one used ZKG - Colours?

http://www.zhik.com/ProductDetails.aspx?category=1&element=62&PKID=5213&CategoryID=

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --
  • I got some black ZKGs right before the weather got cold. Haven't used them on the boat yet. Very, very comfortable. The neoprene and rubber soles feels like walking on thick sponge

--
    Uwe
    94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
    DFW, TX
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.