Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

NACRA, Decal, Help, need size and picture  Bottom

• I am sure this has been discussed before, but I need some fellow sailors help.

Looking for a really good straight on picture of the Blue "NACRA" decal on nacra boats.

also dimension of the decal, width X height,

I have exhaustively tried to locate a dealer or even contact NACRA themselves to order replacement decals so i am just going to a sign shop and have some made. icon_razz

Thanks

Will

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • hi Will, nacra have been around for over 35 years now so there are a few different decals about, can you provide a link showing which ones you are after?
    i can take some pics of some spare blue late 80's? nacra decals i have, and some red ones too... for some reasons 1 color slopes forward and the other back.....

Edited by erice on Dec 07, 2011 - 05:00 AM.
  • I wanted to update the decals on my N500 and went to a sign shop with a pic and dimensions. He said he needed something called a vector, think that was what it was called, to make them. If you find someone to make them I'd love to get a set myself.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • lakewatereeI wanted to update the decals on my N500 and went to a sign shop with a pic and dimensions. He said he needed something called a vector, think that was what it was called, to make them. If you find someone to make them I'd love to get a set myself.

He wants you to supply him with a vectored image file, If you found a picture online of the logo, there are companies you can e-mail the image too and will vector it for you. Sounds like the guy was being lazy as most sign shops do that all the time. If you can find a .jpeg or such of the logo, I can have it sent off. My Grandfathers company does this everyday with logos for basket ball floors.

If you want just text, they will probably have a comparable font on the computers in the sign shop. They have thousands of different ones.

Did you try shooting Mike an e-mail?

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • I have had this image vectored, if anyone wants it shoot me an e-mail.

http://www.skippers.tv/wp-content/uploads-annonces/logo_nacra.JPG

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • Working on it, anyone have the actual size on a F18? width x height ?? icon_smile

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • If your referring to the logo that bacho posted, I have it but can't get to the boat till morning. If fact I think I have some of the logos not attached.

they are not for sale.

--
    Philip
    --
  • in case anyone cares what "vector" graphics are:
    there are 2 types of graphics, vector and bitmap.

A picture (camera, scanner) is a bitmap image with pixels. Keep enlarging it and it gets... pixelated. make it to big and it looks terrible, even indistinguishable

Vector art is math. you draw a line in a computer and bend it, and color it and so on. then the software draws (or prints it). Since it doesn't pixalate... it can be any size... like a bus wrap, building wrap, etc.

Most quality printers require vector art for scalable designs (logo's, etc) and they aren't being "lazy" when/if they "can" change it from a picture to a vector layout.. it takes equipment (PC/software) and employees (artist) and time (money) for them to re-draw peoples pictures.... into printable vector shapes and colors.

They usually can refer you to someone, or do it inhouse, at a fee.
  • mummpIf your referring to the logo that bacho posted, I have it but can't get to the boat till morning. If fact I think I have some of the logos not attached.

they are not for sale.

Yes, just want the actual measurements of BLUE decals, I am going to leave the "sports and fun catamarans" off. I have been trolling through many Vinyl custom websites, I am pretty sure I can match the font and shadow up pretty darn close. At least close enough to make me happy. I will also probably order some additional zig zag like graphics same colors to give my boat a newer look, kind of like the picture on NACRA's website of a boat at 2008 Paris boat show.

Thanks

Will

Edited by 27fountain on Dec 07, 2011 - 07:17 PM.

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • MN3draws (or prints it)

They usually can refer you to someone, or do it inhouse, at a fee.

I never said it should be free, but his shop should have offered to have it done or told him how to get one. Its cheap even if you have to pay for it $10-15.

--
    Greenville SC

--
  • bacho
    I never said it should be free, but his shop should have offered to have it done or told him how to get one. Its cheap even if you have to pay for it $10-15.

My production artists start at $25/hr and go up to $65
  • UPDATE icon_razz

I got a response from the Netherlands, basically I can get a set for around 67.00 EURO mailed here.About $90 not including conversion charge. I think I am going to go this direction, I really like to replace with Original from Mfg parts when possible. I will keep everyone updated on how it goes. icon_cool

Will

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • 27fountain
    mummpIf your referring to the logo that bacho posted, I have it but can't get to the boat till morning. If fact I think I have some of the logos not attached.

they are not for sale.

Yes, just want the actual measurements of BLUE decals, I am going to leave the "sports and fun catamarans" off.

Thanks

Will

Height overall 4.625 inches ( 11.7475 cm) (includes the black shadow border)
    Shadow border 0.4375 inches (1.11125 cm)
    The length you will get when scaled.

--
    Philip
    --
  • 27fountain
    mummp
    they are not for sale.
    About $90

Hum. Maybe I'll reconsider . . .

--
    Philip
    --
  • mummp
    27fountain
    mummpIf your referring to the logo that bacho posted, I have it but can't get to the boat till morning. If fact I think I have some of the logos not attached.

they are not for sale.

Yes, just want the actual measurements of BLUE decals, I am going to leave the "sports and fun catamarans" off.

Thanks

Will

Height overall 4.625 inches ( 11.7475 cm) (includes the black shadow border)
    Shadow border 0.4375 inches (1.11125 cm)
    The length you will get when scaled.

Mummp

Thanks, if I reconsider I will utilize these measurements. But for a C note or less I will have that Chiit mailed from the Netherlands. I never expect anything for free, just name a price, if it is worth it to me I buy it if not all good. I actually may order two sets, the damn shipping is 1/3 the cost.

But seriously a big "thank you" for the measuring the decal for me icon_wink

Will icon_razz

Edited by 27fountain on Dec 08, 2011 - 07:58 PM.

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --
  • Ordered, I will update when they get here. icon_lol

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    NACRA 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.