Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mystere 5.0 rudder parts  Bottom

• My less than technically (electronically) competent sailing buddy is a proud owner of a Mystere 5.0 without daggerboards
    When we pulled the boat for the season, we noticed cracks (almost all the way through) in the rudder bracket castings.
    Anyone know where these can be purchased new, as I understand the company no longer exists?
    I do not think they can be welded and shaped, as it looks like a aluminum/magnesium composition, but I could be wrong

Any advice is desired as he loves this boat, and he and I are pretty close skill and boat performance wise, and I would hate to lose him from my weekly sails

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • you can weld these parts, i have had my castings welded

you can also contact Mystere for parts (but they are used)

From another post:

As you probably know, Mystere Canada's website is gone. I heard that the company was sold. However, I searched and found that Yves Sansoucy has continued to run his sailing school, École de voile Sansoucy.

I contacted them them by phone and spoke with his daughter, Kim Sansoucy, who told me (in very acceptable English) that parts for Mystere beachcats are available through their company. She emailed me an old parts list which I will try to attach in another note. Here are several quotes from her concerning my interest in buying an UPPER casting:

"The dealership of mystere international is own by École de voile Sansoucy. So if you need some parts it will be a pleasure to serve you. The price for the upper casting with arm is 109.00 $CDN we accept credit card you can fax your credit card number at 450-420-9816
    Kim Sansoucy

École de voile Sansoucy
    150, 27e avenue Pointe-Calumet
    J0N 1G1
    (450) 472-8042"
  • Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware that they were still around, so if the welding doesn't work, I am happy to know they can be acquired

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    --
  • Another source for Mystere is to use Kijiji. Select Quebec, & type "catamaran" in the general search. Thye were originally built in Quebec, & there were quite a few for sale via Kijiji this fall. You may find one for parts, or contact sellers, who may have spare parts.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks much
    This may keep a local guy from going back to monohulls and another beachcat alive

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    --
  • Hi all, to obtain Mystere parts, go to www.mysterecomposites.com. Mystere is up and building. Specific email address for parts is; parts@mysterecomposites.com

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.