Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

NACRA I20 Extreme sailing Video.  Bottom

• This was taken on Saturday. Windy day sailing the N20 in Biscayne bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPYa7oFB5Y

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    N I20, N 6.0NA, H 20, H 16 Chesapeake bay
    I have a hard time passing up a good deal on a big cat.
    --
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPYa7oFB5Y

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    --
  • Gee, it looks like you guys had a great time. I bet you will be talking about that day for quite a while. Dropping the main must have been difficult in all that chop.
    I'm curious... I noticed one of the sailors appears to have a prosthetic limb. Am I seeing things? If so, sorry. If not, WAY TO GO!!!.

Edited by ericweller on Oct 10, 2011 - 03:22 PM.
  • Yes it is a mess getting the sails down in the water. Yes Brad is a double leg amputee, and actually I am a paraplegic. So both of us are limited in our hiking abilities. We're going to try to eventually get brad out on the trap, and maybe I'll do something like the star sailors do. Kind of ass over the side thing. Thanks.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    --
  • Man you guys rock! Just be safe!
    Let us know your progress in learning the cat. I would like to be able to offer a physically challenged person a ride someday and could benefit from your experiences.
  • EvansDB78Yes it is a mess getting the sails down in the water. Yes Brad is a double leg amputee, and actually I am a paraplegic. So both of us are limited in our hiking abilities. We're going to try to eventually get brad out on the trap, and maybe I'll do something like the star sailors do. Kind of ass over the side thing. Thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPYa7oFB5Y

Freaking amazing, thought I'd seen everything with footage from on-board cameras, but the shots of the pitchpole/capsize starting at 4:00 minutes in with Brad (double amputee wearing prostheses) getting pitched off the boat over the boom is really unique.

You guys rock, but I gotta know, you sailed other cats before you jumped on the Nacra 20 hotrod right?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Eric and Damon thanks for the replies. Well the race was Brad's 3rd time on a cat, all this boat. I sailed cat's strictly until this year when I got into disabled sailing/racing. We sail mono's in the races. I prefer getting out on the N20 when I can. I also have a H20 and a N6.0Na so I'm familiar with most of it. N20 is such a nice boat.

I'll work on the signature.

Thanks.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    --
  • what race was this?
  • It was the first day of the Bacardi Columbus Day Regatta.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    --
  • totaly kick azz video!!!...thats right up there with p-16 ice breaker!!! i love that you sail some serious cats...no sissy boats here!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • QuoteIt was the first day of the Bacardi Columbus Day Regatta.

Gotcha.
    was the weather any better when you started the race?
  • That was shortly after we started. We didn't sail long before the wind reach what you see in the video. Leaving the dock it was blowing about 12-15.

--
    Daniel Evans
    N I20 Miami FL
    --
  • Certified adrenaline junkies.

Were you guys soldiers or motorcycle racers before getting into cat sailing?

Edited by matt922 on Oct 11, 2011 - 06:15 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.