Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Purchase of new Trampoline  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• Has anyone purchased a trampoline from "SLO Sail and Canvas"? They post on Ebay and I'm interested to hear about the quality of these? They are posted for $75 less then the one Murrays offers. I wouldn't mind paying the extra $75 if it's better quality but it's pretty hard to say by looking at the pictures.

Thanks in advance!

--
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marc C.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    Current love: Nacra 5.0
    Old loves: Int Laser, Int Europe, Int 470, Int 420, Vaurien
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    --
  • I got one for my prindle 19 last fall. Arrived in about a week, fit perfectly, very happy. I got the bias cut, black, with teflon thread and optional zipped pocket.

While researching them, I found some people that had issues with custom made tramps, but most reviews were favorable.

--
    Uwe
    94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
    DFW, TX
    --
  • Two guys in our club have them and the are both real nice.

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • +1 for SLO they made really nice tramps. I have bought 2 from them both were sweet. 2 other guys I sail with bought SLO tramps and love them. This is the one they custom made for my Tiger I took the pictures for them to show on thier website http://www.slosailandcanv…e-Tiger-Side-Lace/Detail

Edited by fa1321 on Sep 30, 2011 - 01:46 PM.
  • I also bought a few tramps from them and was very pleased with the quality of materials and workmanship.
  • Just received my SLO tramp. Great quality, fast service and the most reasonable price I found anywhere. Like Uwe, mine is black, bias cut with teflon thread and the big zippered pocket.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • I had a terrible experience with them and after i posted my story, a few others had similar experiences.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/viewtopic/topic/11657

I would never recommend them to anyone and after the way i was treated, i will go out of my way to let anyone know this story.
  • A member of our club just received one, and again the quality was way above average. In my opinion they are the best bang for the buck for after market tramps.
  • pliny

Posted: Aug 09, 2010 - 05:57 PM Ok, it is August 8, 2010. Wish I had read this thread before I ordered a sail from SLO. I agree with Andrew. My experience has been poor so far. I see others have other opinions, but personally I wouldn't deal with Karl Deardorff at SLO Sail and Canvas again.

azcat

Posted: May 05, 2010 - 09:20 PM
    I was going to have Karl build the sail for my N6.0. But I contacted him the week before last thanksgiving about downpayment etc., and he fell off the face of the planet. Finally gave up on trying to contact him around the first of the year. Thats when I contacted Chip. Good moove BTW.
  • Atomic Tarps has Hobie tramps in stock. A year or so ago, they had a P15 tramp in stock. I've used it on a P15 and P16 and it has done the job well.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • I just bought a tramp from SLO for my H18, and I couldn't be happier.

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • Tampa Bay Cats... I think is who we purchased ours from... real cheap. I think I nailed it for $149 included shipping. Never saw a hobie tramp before this one. Pretty basic, the mesh style. oh and hiking straps that tied into the tramp. Its a H16 we're running.

--
    The Bone
    H16
    Mass / NH
    --
  • Sounds like there is a bit of AXE GRINDING going on
  • Whenever tramp purchases get mentioned I want to make sure that Tamp Catamaran gets a note. They are TheBeachcats.com most loyal and long-term advertisers and have excellent prices.
    http://www.tampacats.com/
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/xads/www/images/6fb4bd6603a8089ca88e73e6f850f44a.gif

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • My SLO tramp fit perfectly and was a good deal. Throw the Damon's advertiser http://www.tampacats.com/ a bone and then tell us all about it.
  • I used Atomic for my P16 tramp and was blown away by the experience, great prices and superb customer service

--
    85 Prindle 16
    "If you aint the lead dog the view never changes"
    North Carolina
    --
  • Damon, tampa cats only advertises selling hobie tramps?

is that all they offer?
  • matt922Damon, tampa cats only advertises selling hobie tramps?

is that all they offer?

That's all they have on their website, I thought they used to have the Prindle tramps too. Contact them through there website to know for sure.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • this summer, i bought 2 tramps for 2 nacra 5.8's from SLO that i am restoring. first time out, i ordered the bias cut without lacing and they came out slightly too wide across the front. i called karl expecting to have to pay to fix them and he sent me 2 replacements for free. both shipments arrived within 7 days of ordering. i returned the first ones RMA as he requested (at his expense.)

since i own 3 of these 5.8's, i measured the width between the tramp bolt rope tracks on all three and sent the measurements to karl (they were all within 1/2" of each other.) the second tramps are side laced and not bias cut and fit beautifully. karl also put in grommets for mast rotation and trap bungees just where i asked for them. all workmanship was top-notch and the tramps look great.

perhaps i shouldn't say this, but they did a lot of work for me gratis. don't expect the same unless they tell you so, but i'm planning to sell 2 of these cats, so it saved me some dough!

based on my experience, i would recommend them highly and use them again! icon_smile if you read this karl, thanks again!
    (btw: SLO is San Luis Obispo.......not Slow)
    j
    ---------
    Nacra Inter 18 (2003)
    Nacra 5.8 (1991)(1989)(1987)

remember....it takes money to waste money.

Edited by arch on Oct 10, 2011 - 09:54 PM.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    matt922Damon, tampa cats only advertises selling hobie tramps?

is that all they offer?

That's all they have on their website, I thought they used to have the Prindle tramps too. Contact them through there website to know for sure.

my boat actually has a tampa bay catamaran logo on the tramp icon_razz

I just thought it was odd how they only advertise hobies.... probably costing them a bit of biz if they do still make tramps for nacras and prindles..

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.