Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H-18 Jib and Main Halyards: Where do I tie them off?  Bottom

• H-18 Jib and Main Halyards: Where do I tie them off? My older H-16 had cleats at each side of the mast, but not on the H-18. I'm feeling a bit stupid....... Photos or diagrams are welcome! Thanks.
  • You do not need to tie the main. Hook the main and stuff the halyard into the tramp pocket.

The jib goes through the grommet in the jib, through the block on the halyard and gets cleated on the jib.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Thank you for the reply. What does it mean to Hook the main? Do you mean the ring at the top of the mast?

Does the jib halyard go from the top of the block and back through the zippered portion ending up at the forestay near where the bridle wire attaches?

Thanks,

A
  • Yes, hook the ring on the main halyard to the hook on the top of the mast.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • mrkurtz

Does the jib halyard go from the top of the block and back through the zippered portion ending up at the forestay near where the bridle wire attaches?

Thanks,

A

You should have a block at the point where the wire haylard transitions to rope. The rope will be 3-4 feet long after you take the extension off of it. All of the haylard is under the zipper, run it all through the zipper, through the grommet, back to block and down to cleat. I tie it off around the forestay at that point.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • It is a good idea to roll your extra main halyard up (into a loop and thread the bitter end through an eye/end of the loop prior to stuffing it into your tramp pocket (or where ever your store it).

It is not uncommon for the line to fall out if/when you capsize and then you have 30' of halyard in the water. When you right the boat you could end up with your halyard tangled in your spreaders

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.