Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18' Escape versus Classic P18  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Ok I want a CatRax now! Always need places for hot chicks to sit and sun!

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Thanks for all the helpful posts. RE: Quarath's last, well ... who can argue with that?

I went to see the Escape last Friday. It had "P18" insignia on the mainsail. I thought an Escape should have P16 mast and sail (previous posts). So shouldn't the sail say either "escape" or "P16"? Now I'm not sure whether I'm dealing with an Escape or P18. In any event, the mystery didn't matter much to me. I made an offer on it Saturday morning, but have not heard back from the seller. (BTW, I told the seller about this string and she is watching it.)

In the meantime I've been thinking about last week's posts from MN3, Damon, and Quarath. I'm surprised that a P-18/Escape bounces harder in chop (waves/wake) than a P16 or H16. With the longer hulls, I would have thought the P-18 would be more stable. But the banana discussion was enlightening - I had no clue.

Perhaps the H16 (or P16) is the better boat for me after all, and maybe the Escape seller's unresponsiveness is a cosmic-type intervention. There are some H16s for sale at the south NJ shore. But when I think about H16s, I worry about pitch polling. How hard is it for a beginner to drive a H16 without pitch polling?

--
    Steve, OCNJ
    --
  • You need to keep in mind I have no experience in surf of any kind. My observations are only based on my own P18 and sitting in little or no wind with lots of boat and jetski wakes hitting you. I cannot give a comparison to the P18 vs any other boat on this as I have not tried it. The big flat sides of a P16 it P18 offer a big impact target to wave action hitting if from the side. I have no major problems with this wakes or no when under powered up under sail.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Makes sense Quarath. Thanks.

--
    Steve, OCNJ
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.