Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

First Sail Today  Bottom

• We sailed our P16 today for the first time and what a blast! Weather was great and the winds were around 10kts or less. We sailed for a couple hours practicing or experimenting really and just having a great time even when we weren't moving!
    Special thanks to turbohobo for reaching out to a beginner and spending several hours showing us how to rig the boat, launch and get sailing, and how to tear down. We couldn't have done it without him!
  • Congrats on the new boat and first sail. I wish there was someone real knowledgeable about the Nacra 5.2 near me that could come and show me the PROPER way to rig my boat. I have had it out a bunch of times now but I am not sure about a couple things... peace

Pete
  • I'm envious...my first sail is right around the corner. Driving back to FL over Labor Day to pick it up. I plan to sail it then before starting home with it. My timing is off by one week or I'd stick my head in at Juana's to see what's going on. Oh well, can have it all.

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • Bret, the weekend before Jauna's is the Katrina Memorial Regatta, Ocean Springs, MS. No F18's showing up that I know of but should be several Nacra 20s. You may want to stop and "stick your head in". Not too far off of I-10.

Edited by nacra55 on Aug 15, 2011 - 11:37 AM.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • OK will look at that. Thanks.

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • Hey Ron,....just looking at the calendar here on the site it says the Katrina Memorial Regatta is Aug 28th? I'll be driving by there on Sept 4th and Juana's is the next weekend. ??

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • Had a great time helping out with as4me and his family, made me realize I could have drastically reduced my learning curve if someone had helped me. His P16 was a good find on CL, some delam forward of hulls, tiller connector bar was on wrong way putting too much angle on tiller extension, we quickly sorted that, tightened the tramp, all rudder sheaves will need to be replaced, as well as rudder lines, both main and jib halyards, and new line for main sheet. Other than replacing side stays in near future and needing stay adjuster covers, cat was in good shape and did not take on water after 3-4 hrs sailing. We worked out that removing the rudders for trailering was really simple, just undo the 2 knots on each rudder and remove pivot bolt, once the knots were loosened off using pliers and screwdriver, they were easy to undo after re-knotting, have already switched to that method on my P18, less stress on transoms, dunno why I did not think of it earlier.

So another member has been added to the cat sailing community, another aviator by-the-way, great sailing with you as4me, hope we can do it again soon.

turbo

woohoo

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Sorry Bret, your right, on the dates.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • turbohobo
    So another member has been added to the cat sailing community, another aviator by-the-way, great sailing with you as4me, hope we can do it again soon.

Great job turbo, thanks for helping expand catsailing.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • petefromtnCongrats on the new boat and first sail. I wish there was someone real knowledgeable about the Nacra 5.2 near me that could come and show me the PROPER way to rig my boat. I have had it out a bunch of times now but I am not sure about a couple things... peace

Pete

No doubt that would be invaluable but unfortunately you'll have to learn and be that person to the next guy!

turbohobo

turbo

Yeah we're definitely hooked, we'll see you on the lake soon!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.