Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tiller extension/Hiking stick  Bottom

• This piece busted on my hiking stick (manual calls it a tiller extension, not sure what the consensus calls it). It's from a P16. Do you know if anyone sells this or am I going to have to buy a new stick because of this one part?

Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/bendog/hikingstick.jpg

--
    Ben Merkley
    Prindle 16
    Chandler, AZ
    --
  • A part is available for this repair. Just drill out the rivet(s) and pull out the old plug. Insert the new plug and replace rivets. You will need to extract the old one and measure the diameter to make sure you get the right part. If there is not an exact match just buy the nearest larger size and sand to fit.
    http://www.murrays.com/mm…de=01-006&Category_Code=
  • That's perfect, thank you very much! Tried searching everywhere but just couldn't find it. Thanks again!

--
    Ben Merkley
    Prindle 16
    Chandler, AZ
    --
  • No problem. I have always found my obscure prindle parts at Murrays. Not always the cheapest but i am yet to need something they haven't had available.
  • Looks like the guy that had the boat before me did just what you said. I took it out and it wasn't a rivet, it was a bolt/nut which is probably what I would do since it's just easier and I don't have a rivet gun anyway. And you can see where he drilled a hole to make way for the bolt and the thing looks a little sanded. Just ordered it from Murray's and bookmarked that site!

Edited by bmerkley on Jul 28, 2011 - 01:40 PM.

--
    Ben Merkley
    Prindle 16
    Chandler, AZ
    --
  • the funny thing on my 5.2 extension is it has 2 holes at that end

but only 1 rivet

i was going to put in another rivet until someone pointed out that if your stick fills with water it needs a hole at the bottom toi pump the water out
  • You could put a regular rivet in which would give you the added strength and would also allow the water to drain out. I know this from experience doing work on my H14 turbo mast. The regular rivets don't keep water out and really aide in turtling a boat!

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.