Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 15 shrouds, forestay, trapeze wires measurements  Bottom

• Hi!

I bought a used Prindle 15 in this year but unfortunately the last owner gave me a wrong kit (they are longer than they should be,),therefore I decided to make them shorter.Is it possible to get any information about the measurements of the shrouds,forestay and trapeze wires from somewhere?I would be very grateful ..

Best ,Arno
  • Arno,

Welcome to TheBeachcats.com. Is this your first beachcat?

Have you got an assembly manual for your Prindle 15? If not it is available here.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=75669

Lastly, how did you figure out you have the wrong wires? When you say "kit" do you mean you have a set of all new standing rigging?

Introduce yourself a little more and let us know your area and you might even find a local that can help rig your boat. The Prindle 15 is fairly uncommon (compared to the 16 and 18), so it would be great to get some pictures for the "Beachcats Identification" album.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=76687
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=76690&g2_serialNumber=3

Here's my P15.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • Hello Damon!

Yes,generally it`s my first Prindle ;).My first cat was a used H14 Turbo which I bought last spring but unfortunately somebody stoled it in autumn.Anyway I bought this prindle baby from Lithuania this year ,repaired a little bit but I have not sailed with her yet...I will certainly make some pics about this boat and upload here if everything is finally ready;)

Yup ,I already checked this manual earlier but in some reason I did`nt find these specifications (or I´m just too blind...) but I got the answer yesterday from Murrays.com though :

"Here is what we have on the P-15. Make sure you double check these numbers to ensure they are realistic.

Forestay with turnbuckle 16' 1-1/8"
    Shroud 18' 1-1/4"
    Trap Wire 16' 7-5/8"

My wires are a used ones .I just raised the mast with my friend and it was very obvious that we got a wrong wires,they were too long,no shroud adjuster issue anymore.

Anyway,I also contacted with the last owner few days ago and he asked to search these measurements( he`s a small aftermarket seller and has variety of wires,all randomly thrown together).Therefore I raised the question here.But he promised to deal with this problem next week and hopefully I will get the right wires and I guess theres no need to cut these current ones I have anymore...;)

best,Arno
    Estonia/EU
  • If he is willing to work with you I would do that first. You can certainly shorten of you need but you should make sure you know what your doing or find someone who does rigging to do it for you. In the US you can go to your local West Marine and and use there workbench with swaging tool but I can tell you from experience that even though principle is pretty easy setting those thimbles can be a real pain and I mean that literally. Also by experience one wrong cut and you have screwed up your rigging and it's easier to do this than you might think even when your being careful. I made a new upper forestay for my P18 to add a furler and I would be hard put to do it again.

EDIT: That's Funny that you have an auto-link When ever West Marine is typed into the forum.

West Marine
    West Marine
    West Marine
    West Marine
    West Marine

LOL......... icon_lol

Edited by Quarath on Jul 13, 2011 - 10:28 AM.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.