Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2011 Hobie 16 Mast Rake  Bottom

• Is it necessary or advisable to adjust the mast rake on the newer boats? Are they already optimized? Can it be improved? I'm guessing this means shortening the shrouds and adding a stay adjuster to the forestay? How much rake is enough? At what point will it affect the mainsheet or jib sheet operation?

I found lots of info on the process here and on the internet, but it all seemed to relate to older boats. There's really nothing published on the new boats with respect to a mast rake baseline on the stock boat and how much it can be customized.

Thanks

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • You sould not have to alter a brand new boat, what are you having problems with?

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • motivated
    I found lots of info on the process here and on the internet, but it all seemed to relate to older boats. There's really nothing published on the new boats with respect to a mast rake baseline on the stock boat and how much it can be customized.

Thanks

Your boat includes all the tricks and wisdom of the last 45 years of production. Enjoy.

And lets see some pictures, most of us have never even seen a brand new Hobie 16.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.