Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Water in mast  Bottom

• I took a mast float off of my NACRA 500 that I recently bought and heard water sloshing around when I was moving the mast around. I figured when I drilled out the rivet that held the float post on the water would all drain out. Water did drain out, but when I shake the mast I can still hear some in there. I've got the mast situated with the rivet holes down and at a downhill slope, but no more water is coming out. My next thought is to take the cap off at the top of the mast but I'm not to excited about doing that. My question is why would there be water still not draining out?

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/Lakewateree/d95d80a3.png

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • The mast probably has a mast plug inside, maybe just below the head, or below the mast hound, and near the base. So water could be trapped between the plugs.

I had a 1981 Hobie 18 with the same problem and I ended up taking both end castings off and using a piece of rebar and solvent to remove the deteriorating plugs and then seal all penetrations in the mast (I used 5200 at the time, probably shouldn't do that).

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.