Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

first sailboat(fun!)  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Could be a transom repair job has covered over the stamped HIN.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • http://home.mdwfp.com/License/info.aspx?id=36

i'm no laywer, but reads like all sailboats need numbers...buddy told me the law changed for the '06 season. i used to think thats cats didn't need numbers but when i bought my boat 3 years ago i found nothing supporting this assumption and only clear law saying you do...matter of fact, as the letter of the law, you need all the safety equipment required for vessels 16'-25' such as flares, throw cushions, etc., many things most cat sailors don't carry on there boats most of the time. our experience has been the man checks you out when your fishing way more than cat sailing unless your doing something dumb(no life jackets on boat or equal). but check out the rules real close, you might be surprised.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • http://home.mdwfp.com/License/info.aspx?id=36

i'm no laywer, but reads like all sailboats need numbers...buddy told me the law changed for the '06 season. i used to think thats cats didn't need numbers but when i bought my boat 3 years ago i found nothing supporting this assumption and only clear law saying you do...matter of fact, as the letter of the law, you need all the safety equipment required for vessels 16'-25' such as flares, throw cushions, etc., many things most cat sailors don't carry on there boats most of the time. our experience has been the man checks you out when your fishing way more than cat sailing unless your doing something dumb(no life jackets on boat or equal). but check out the rules real close, you might be surprised.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • QuarathCould be a transom repair job has covered over the stamped HIN.

Most likely as there are reinforcement plates behind the fiberglass on the transom. My boat has hull ports on both sides of the rear crossbar. Originally i think p19s only came with them forward of the rear crossbar.

coastrathttp://home.mdwfp.com/License/info.aspx?id=36

i'm no laywer, but reads like all sailboats need numbers...buddy told me the law changed for the '06 season. i used to think thats cats didn't need numbers but when i bought my boat 3 years ago i found nothing supporting this assumption and only clear law saying you do...

same here. The fact that most cats around today are much older than the
    law is might have something to do with it. Even 15 years after the law requiring sailboats to be reg'd people selling them are still claiming they dont have to be.

Looks like i'll have to go through this:
    mdwfpDue to the increase in marine theft, a closer look is being taken at applications for boat registration when received. Applications for boat registration with required information missing or information which appears to be incorrect, will be sent back to the applicant along with a boat inspection form to be completed by a conservation officer.
  • QuarathCould be a transom repair job has covered over the stamped HIN.

Most likely as there are reinforcement plates behind the fiberglass on the transom. My boat has hull ports on both sides of the rear crossbar. Originally i think p19s only came with them forward of the rear crossbar.

coastrathttp://home.mdwfp.com/License/info.aspx?id=36

i'm no laywer, but reads like all sailboats need numbers...buddy told me the law changed for the '06 season. i used to think thats cats didn't need numbers but when i bought my boat 3 years ago i found nothing supporting this assumption and only clear law saying you do...

same here. The fact that most cats around today are much older than the
    law is might have something to do with it. Even 15 years after the law requiring sailboats to be reg'd people selling them are still claiming they dont have to be.

Looks like i'll have to go through this:
    mdwfpDue to the increase in marine theft, a closer look is being taken at applications for boat registration when received. Applications for boat registration with required information missing or information which appears to be incorrect, will be sent back to the applicant along with a boat inspection form to be completed by a conservation officer.
  • @matt922,

The law has indeed changed, I see. It was several years ago that I had a chat with our local marine officer and we discussed the law. If the guy is still on staff, he's at Marine Patrol, and his name is Charlie Vyles. He's super nice and will help you out. See if you can look him up - he'll get you a transom number

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.