Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sailing Season  Bottom

• Man this SUCKS.... wallbash It is May already and I still have not had the cat in the water, temps here in the Mid West not yet out of the 60's, 30's in the am. Sheesh, last time I went sailing was October last year, 7 MONTHS ago.

And I do NOT want to hear from you guys in the geriatric state state of Florida telling me how much time you have already spent sailing..... mg

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Don't feel too bad, I'm hoping the ice comes off the lake this week so I can put my water system in on Saturday. I probably won't get the boat in the water for at least 3 more weeks. Then, I'm going to sail the fuck out of it!!

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • I am in ATL and to me, 60's is fine for sailing. My wife's and my temperature cutoff is 50 degrees. We took a week long January vacation in FL 2 years ago and the temps during the day didn't get above 40 degrees. After 3 days we decided to get onto the water despite the temperature. We only had wetsuits under offshore spray suits. We lasted about 2 hours before our hands and legs started getting too cold but at least we were on the water.
    I say, why wait.... just go for it even if it is only a few hours, it is better than no sailing at all!
  • Your gonna have to be more specific with Midwest. I'm on the southern end of lake Michigan in Indiana. Ive already been out 5 times. Though one of those times was in Florida dance

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.