Sailing Season

Man this SUCKS.... wallbash It is May already and I still have not had the cat in the water, temps here in the Mid West not yet out of the 60's, 30's in the am. Sheesh, last time I went sailing was October last year, 7 MONTHS ago.

And I do NOT want to hear from you guys in the geriatric state state of Florida telling me how much time you have already spent sailing..... mg

--
TurboHobo
H14T
H16
P18
G-Cat 5.0
P16
--
Don't feel too bad, I'm hoping the ice comes off the lake this week so I can put my water system in on Saturday. I probably won't get the boat in the water for at least 3 more weeks. Then, I'm going to sail the fuck out of it!!

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
--
I am in ATL and to me, 60's is fine for sailing. My wife's and my temperature cutoff is 50 degrees. We took a week long January vacation in FL 2 years ago and the temps during the day didn't get above 40 degrees. After 3 days we decided to get onto the water despite the temperature. We only had wetsuits under offshore spray suits. We lasted about 2 hours before our hands and legs started getting too cold but at least we were on the water.
I say, why wait.... just go for it even if it is only a few hours, it is better than no sailing at all!
Your gonna have to be more specific with Midwest. I'm on the southern end of lake Michigan in Indiana. Ive already been out 5 times. Though one of those times was in Florida dance

--
Nacra 6.0 NA
Ogden Dunes, IN
--