Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P-Cat jib sheets  Bottom

• Could someone tell me how the jib sheet lines are rigged? Do they go inside or outside the stays, or both? Describe the path of the line and blocks used. Thanks

Edited by davesimaginarium on Feb 21, 2011 - 07:29 PM.
  • never heard of a p-cat

and i've never heard of jib sheets going outside the stays either

try inside

do you have any idea where the blocks should mount, hull, beam, mid-tramp?
  • When you say P Cat are you refering to Prindle Catamaran or Pacific Catamaran?
  • I have never seen one in person but I imagine that they go on the inside. Maybe take a picture of the possible attachment points and we can make an educated guess.

Also Haydukovich has a P-CAT you can try to message him. I haven't met him but he lives here in Utah as well and I might can get a message to him to check in here.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • The designation "P-Cat" I know is a Pacific Catamaran. In the past I owned a Shark Catamaran. Similar lenght but wider. Close hauled the sheets went inside the stays, reach or running the sheets went outside the stays. This means you have to remove the sheets from the clew of the jib everytime you change from outside to inside the stays. I don't know if this is the case with a P-Cat? Of course one could rig 4 sheet lines but this gets a little messy. Right now the boat is some miles from me. First chance I get I'll take a picture.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.