Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Replacing Prindle 18 tramp  Bottom

• Does anyone have any recommendations regarding where to buy a new P-18 trampoline? Also, how much time can I expect to spend putting on the new trampoline?

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --
  • I just got done buying and installing a new trampoline on my Prindle 18 Monday. The tramp appears to be great quality and the installation by myself took about 90 minutes or so. Here is a link for their website, seemed like reasonable prices. http://www.slosails.com/prindle.php Let me know if you have any questions on installing the tramp; SLO has instructions on their website or they are in the owners manual for the boat.
  • Did you get any extra pockets? If so take some pictures or just take some pictures anyway I am considering one myself and I like to see one installed

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • SLO made mine with two pockets, one for the righting line, the other for the halyards.
    It takes me about an hour, threading the sides is the part that sucks. Pulling it tight in the back takes three or four hands.
  • I got a P19 tramp last fall from SLO. Ordered the black bias-cut model and optional teflon thread and extra pocket. Got the tramp about a week after ordering. Fit is perfect. Love how the bias-cut only requires tightening along the rear beam.

Installation was easy and took a relaxed hour. With the bias cut you pull both sides towards the rear at the same time. So it was pull a couple inches, go to other side, pull a couple inches, go back to other side, repeat.

Here is a facebook link to the picture :
    http://www.facebook.com/p…et=o.14527964497&theater

There is a thread on here about SLO customer service with a custom made tramp. It had me wondering about SLO, but personally I was very happy with the quality and price.

--
    Uwe
    94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
    DFW, TX
    --
  • Not tightening the sides is a huge feature, if I knew this I probably would have gone that way.
  • kgatesmanNot tightening the sides is a huge feature, if I knew this I probably would have gone that way.

his is p-19 though they go on a little differently than a p18. They have tracks on the sides I think. I'm afraid we're stuck with lacing he little side tabs still.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • The only thing worse than dealing with the laces is replacing the rudder up and down haul.
  • Oops, thanks Quarath, I forgot that the 18 had the lacing. But I'm still happy with SLOs tramp.

--
    Uwe
    94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
    DFW, TX
    --
  • kgatesmanThe only thing worse than dealing with the laces is replacing the rudder up and down haul.

just tape a piece of 1/8 in to the end of the bigger line and pull the 1/8th around as a leader. Or if your really fancy you could put a tapered splice from the 1/8th to the 3/16

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.