Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

18 prindle trapeze rigging  Bottom

• if someone could help direct me how to rigg my trapeze wires
  • i see the diagram posted in the photo albums but when i bought my boat it was rigged way different is there a modified race setup? they driilled a hole towards the rear of the boat and ran the bunjee towards the back. just pne was rigged that way and the other was up front across the tramp please help
  • I find the original system rather cumbersome when sailing with a guest. and have been thinking about modding it. so maybe the previous owners went ahead and did that.

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • On either side of the inspection port/hatch are 2 grommets on the tramp, your bungee/shock cord runs through those grommets under the tramp, attached to the tramp tie-down cords are 2 blocks either side, shock cord runs through blocks, attach to trap wires,if you not too sure how dog-bones are attached to trap wire, PM me and I will send you pics.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • I want to set mine up like this... Can someone send me a few pictures or a diagram?
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=62071&g2_serialNumber=3&g2_GALLERYSID=8b8b70099fe56d357a8d9e9a5153ce97

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=62059

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I have a P-18 and had troulbe with the shock cords fraying and breaking. It was suggested that instead of a straight run across the boat that the shock cords be run under the tramp to a pulley near the back beam. This gives you extra give in the cord due to the increased lenght. Please see the post titled "Shock cords for harness wires on P-18 fraying/breaking" posted on July 19, 2010 as the info on that post was a lot of help to me

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --
  • In the above diagram the dotted line across the tramp indicates the cord pass through the grommets and going under the tramp. Adding a block near the back beam can allow for longer shock cords to allow for your long flight times around the forestay. I have had my shock cord for about 3 years and have had no degradation at all in it. The cord you are using may not be as good in the sun as mine. Unfortunately I don't know what kind it is. It is black. I think I bought it from Pete Begle so he might know.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.