Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where is my Avatar?  Bottom

• I hope everyone is liking the new forum layout, a lot of bugs have been fixed and posts should be easier to read. Also images in posts are automatically thumbnailed with the big version available on click, that will make threads with lots of images easier to read, while still making big images available.

The avatar process has changed, if you had already uploaded an avatar with the old system it is still available, you just need to reset it by going to Avatar Management inside the new Member Panel.

The size of the avatars have increased from a max of 110 pixels up to 150, so if you upload a new avatar it will be resized correctly.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • thanks

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Site looks great.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • ~~ Olive & I is here~~ icon_biggrin

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • nice update Damon
  • Indeed, like the update.
  • trying to change my avatar photo so i disable the current one. then i upload a different picture (with different name) but the old avatar returns. i don't see the new photo in the avatar group so i can't choose the new one. been using computers for 24 yrs but this has me stumped............ icon_confused
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Sounds like you did the right things, the avatar programming is kind of flakey.

I only see one avatar with your user ID so I activated it, is that the new one or the old one?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • that's the old one i was trying to remove. how do i 'delete' it? or am i allowed to do that from here?

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Had a similar issue a while back. Tried what you did and gave up. Several days later my new avatar appeared.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Despite several reports of problems creating or adding Avatars I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

One thing that might be an issue is that you don't need to disable your current avatar before uploading the new one. The link at the bottom of the avatar management page for disabling your avatar is just to use if you no longer want to display an avatar at all.

To change avatars just go to

Member Panel >> Avatar Management >> Upload avatar

Click "Choose File" to browse for the image and Upload.

That's it, the new Avatar should display as soon as you visit or refresh a page where avatars are displayed.

I just changed mine using those steps.

Let me know if that helps.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • during the first attempt at changing my avatar i did not disable the current one but simply uploaded a new one. i was informed of the avatar name it was given by the system. the new photo did not show up in the avatar group, just the old one. i uploaded it again and had the same result, so that's when i first disabled the current one and uploaded the new one again, but the old one kept popping back in.

i reloaded pages and went back to a forum that i had participated in but it still showed the old one, so i gave up and decided to commence whining. i find whining works sometimes. icon_wink

the new one is in now (did you assist with that personally?) if so, thanks!
    j

--
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • I didn't do anything further to your avatar after I activated the first one. Did you re-upload after that?

Must be some kind of caching in the Avatar management that I can't identify.

Whining is usually no problem and how I find out things aren't working as they should, as long as it's polite, you wouldn't believe the things I deal with by PM, the contact form, and email.

Could be like this dude Jason that runs some kind of recruiting website who deals with a complaint on Twitter.

http://awfulannouncing.bloguininc.netdna-cdn.com/images/stories/churchill.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Ok I have changed my Avatar, but it is now sideways. Not sure what I did to get it to turn sideways, lol. Help, please

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • shipchips1Ok I have changed my Avatar, but it is now sideways. Not sure what I did to get it to turn sideways, lol. Help, please

What?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Never mind, it is right side up now, thanks for fixing it. LOL

Edited by shipchips1 on Jul 06, 2013 - 08:49 PM.

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.