Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Painting a galvanized trailer  Bottom

• My galvanized trailer for my P-16 is looking pretty bad.
    Thought about painting it to make it look new again.
    Any tips on what you have to do to put paint on top of
    galvanized steel.

Thanks
    dmcat1
  • what do you mean it looks bad? trailers are galvanized because they dont rust and dont need painting

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • The bolts that are all connected to the trailer for the uprights, fenders,and mast holder have rusted and stained the galvanized rails.

This has also happened where the running lights connect to the trailer. Is there any way to clean the galvanizing to make it look newer.

Thanks
    dmcat1
  • Check this out....fellow used CLR with scrubbing pad on his galvanized Whaler trialer.

http://www.continuouswave…/Forum3/HTML/008293.html

edited by: sailinagin, Sep 26, 2010 - 10:25 PM

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • Rust-oleum paints sells a cold galvanized(zinc)spray paint that does a great job touching up trailers. I've been using it for about 3 years and I'm very pleased with the results.
  • Whatever you do, don't go at the rust stains with a wire brush, steel wool or similar aggressive tool. It will take off the galvanized coating pretty easy, then the entire "cleaned" are will rust, & look like POS.
    Change those rusted bolts out & replace with SS bolts. If the bigger bolts are too $$ use galvanized bolts, they hold up pretty good, much better than zinc plated, way cheaper then SS

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.