Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P19 Barberhauler nightmare  Bottom

• Hello everyone
    At last I bought a wonderful P19. I have many questions about tuning up the boat. The main one is which could be the proper way to assemble the barberhauler. I had been looking for some scheme, photo or draw in the web, but I could not find anything. Please if someone have an idea, I appreciate your help.
    Greetings from Chile
    Rodrigo,
    Pintue icon_smile
  • Rodrigo,
    Take a look at my Nacra 5.5SL barber hauler rigging. It may help you (or may not). The red line is a barber hauler line. The yellow line is a jib sheet. The blue line has nothing to do with them, it is mast overrotating line, which just happens to be there. The block, the jib sheet goes through twice, hangs on the end of barber hauler line and not attached to the front beam. As you pull on barber hauler line, it moves jib sheet and the point of pulling of jib clew down and aside. Also the barber hauler line goes through a cleat to hold it in desired position.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/UserPictures/data/0-1285305546_23476.jpg
  • Hi Pintue, congrats on the new boat!

incase you didnt know, (and you very well may) the barberhauler has a very limited range when it can be used. it is really helpful on a reach, but thats about it.

it is so limited i remove the line from my boat when i have crew just to reduce clutter on my deck. It would be the last adjustment i would worry about when getting used to a new boat.

enjoy and lets see some pics of where you sail!

• Agreed. If I was you I would maybe even leave it off all together for the first season or so, or else set it and forget it and make sure the line is tucked out of your way.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • http://www.thebeachcats.com/index.php?module=pictures&g2_itemId=76220

Agreed, keep it simple the first season.

Happy Sailing

André

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • ADixonRodrigo,
    Take a look at my Nacra 5.5SL barber hauler rigging. It may help you (or may not). The red line is a barber hauler line. The yellow line is a jib sheet. The blue line has nothing to do with them, it is mast overrotating line, which just happens to be there. The block, the jib sheet goes through twice, hangs on the end of barber hauler line and not attached to the front beam. As you pull on barber hauler line, it moves jib sheet and the point of pulling of jib clew down and aside. Also the barber hauler line goes through a cleat to hold it in desired position.
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/UserPictures/data/0-1285305546_23476.jpg

Thank you very much Andre Dixon for the clear photo and tips. It is exactly the same way I used it in my previous P18. MN3, Dustin and André de Bruin thanks for your advice. I will try to use it anyway. It used to be helpful in the P18 for downwind sailing, the jib showed a better performance.
    I will upload pictures to share with you.
    Greetings,
    Rodrigo

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.