Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Rudder systen for Prindle 16/18  Bottom

• Can anyone tell me if the rudder and rudder casting is the same size between the P16 and P18?

Thanks
  • i think so...the 15, 16, and 18 have the same casting, rudder, and tiller. not sure about the crossbar length. the operative word here is "think" which gets me in trouble so don't take my word for it...i'm sure someone here will straighten it out!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Hi coastrat,

I was reading your posts on a different thread. Sounds like you had a great time. I'd love to come down south and sail with you guys. Maybe in the near future.

FYI....I just purchased a second jib and main in great condition exactly like yours in your profile picture.

Jim
  • According to the "Prindle Parts 2005 Catalog", Page 5, Part No. 5007, Tiller Crossbar works for 15, 16, & 18.

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • The rudders for the 15, 16 and 18 are the same. The 18-2 and 19 rudders are a few inches shorter, but look very similar. The newer style 18-2 and 19 rudders are rounded and a completely different shape.

The castings are the same for all the Prindles and the tiller arms are the same for the 15, 16, 18 and 18-2. There was an upgrade for the 19s that moved the rudders back behind the boat a few inches, so the tillers are longer.

The tiller crossbars are the same for all of the Prindles.
  • Yep same...

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Just want to correct one minor error. Yes, the rudder castings
    are the same for 15, 16, 18, 18-2 and 19. The tiller cross bar is
    different for the 18-2 and the 19. The 15, 16 and 18 have a beam
    width of 8 feet, the 18-2 and the 19 have a beam width of 8 feet 6 inches.
  • spray in the face...come on down! we can sail w/out cold weather gear well into november...the gulf is like bathwater! the secret spot has lots of options: bay, channel, biloxi beach, deer, ship, cat and horn islands...whatever the wind gives us. we are trying our best to promote and support this great sport and welcome all sailors to come and join O SEGREDO FROTA, we have a large time and specialize in southern hospitality so turn in those airline miles and come on down!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Coastrat, believe me I'd love to. I'm in the construction business. The U.S may be in a recession but construction is in a deep depression.

When things pick up you can count on me coming down! Keep hav'in fun sailor icon_wink

• amen brother, this is my 25th year in the construction business and this past year takes the cake! the only good thing about it was having some free time to sail...i don't really miss work at all when i'm on the boat, not a bit! hang in there and we'll go sailing soon!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.