Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P-19 Dagger Boards Swollen  Bottom

• I have a P19 with swing down dagger boards. They are swollen near the top edge (when raised) and will not operate in the slot without a big hammer! Is there anything I can do about this besides replace? Can I sand them thinner and reglass or paint? Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Bueller? Bueller? I guess no Prindle owners have ever run into this problem before?
  • Sorry as I have researched, I guess the correct term for this boat would be centerboard. They are the swing down variety and are swollen at the top of the board when in the down position. i.e. not below the waterline.
  • calm down lifeteammedic,
    folks are out sailing, give them a chance. Plus, Andrew is probably AFK . . . icon_smile

--
    Philip
    --
  • That's what I am dying to go do but my centerboards are out of commission!

ok I'll bite...whats AFK?
  • Lifeteammedic, it mean's away from keyboard.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Sounds like the tops are split a little and small broken pieces of glas or sand has caused them to widen. Take a knife & scrape everything out, blow it out. Then inject epoxy & put them in a vice (couple thin boards on each side). Pete
  • Interesting idea Pete. The tops are split slightly. I would assume water has gotten in there. They are a solid sandwich though. I cannot get a knife or anything in there.

Once this problem is fixed I will try to come up with a way to seal the top of that seam to prevent water from entering while stored. I may cut down some hose or PVC to snap across them while stowed to keep them dry.

Thanks for the ideas and help!

edited by: lifeteammedic, Oct 01, 2010 - 02:11 AM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.