Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Traveller cleat  Bottom

• Hey I need a traveler cam cleat for my 5.2 Any suggestionS?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • I think my boat uses a Harken 150
    http://content.westmarine.com/images/catalog/full/13941_F.JPG

West Marine. http://www.westmarine.com…Num=10191&classNum=10239

Here are all the specifications. http://www.harken.com/Cat…mplementary-cam_kits.pdf

edited by: skarr1, Aug 18, 2010 - 09:27 PM
  • I have the older shiny metal toothed one, and I couldn't find a cleat to fit. I took my old one apart and cleaned it as best I could. It improved considerably, but still isn't as nice a harken cam cleat.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • golfdad75Hey I need a traveler cam cleat for my 5.2 Any suggestionS?

often it's just a single little spring inside that has broken. recently i had to replace both springs in my trav/cleat

total cost. $.60
  • Hey Andrew, I just noticed mine was not holding as well as it used to, (25th day on my boat this season) it sometimes slips the line, especially if wet.
    I didn't look really closely, as I had to pack up the cottage & run out to Calgary to pick up my brother & kids. It did seem that one cleat was moving all the way in, the other very little. This leads me to believe that perhaps mine suffers from a broken spring.
    Where did you get the replacements? I think there was a thread 6 months ago about this, did you Mcgyver a spring, or can you get actual replacements?

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • our local repair guy stocks the springs. not sure where else besides harken or murrays to get one (not sure about murrays).

if you can't locate one i would be happy to get and mail you one or 2. these weigh nothing and i would simply throw them in an envelope (not the $30 in shipping we ran into with the fids)
  • Andrew..

Not a traveller but a my lower main sheet block arms lost their springs. Can I replace these?
  • yup, same deal.. its probably a harken and you can simply remove the cleat part.. pry off the red backing and access the 2 springs.

when i said my trav/cleat broke... i actually meant main blocks...
  • Harken. I was pulling little bits of spring steel out of em this summer but they still sort of work. That will save me some green. Many thanks.
  • I have been looking and cannot find one with fitting 2.5 inches apart. I guess I will hace to buy a harken or ronstan and drill new wholes.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • I have a spare traveler cam cleat, the old style with shiny metal cams if anyone is interested. Cams aregood, cam springs still strong.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Turbo, how much for it??
    I need to replace all old rigging on my hobie 14.

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • I have no idea how much this traveler cam cleat with bullseye fairlead is worth, what do you think?

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • I dont know, 10-20 bucks?

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.