Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Do I really want a roller furling jib?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• katrina anniversary party! make it authentic and shut the power off, listen to wwl out of new orleans, get liqured up and play gin rummy all night! i love hurricane partys/anniversaries, i'll bring the coleman stove and we'll fry all the de-thawing seafood out of the freezer!...well, mayby keep the power on, for the ladies...oh yeah andrew, to is nice, fro is rough!

edited by: coastrat, Aug 12, 2010 - 07:48 PM

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Andrew I admire your wit, it is lst on most of us

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • After just about a week of using a roller furling jib, I love it. It makes handling the boat a lot easier.
  • mma600psiAfter just about a week of using a roller furling jib, I love it. It makes handling the boat a lot easier.

Why? What is easier?

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • I find mine makes beaching easier, furl as you are coming in and you have less things to worry about and less power. When things get hairy I furl the jib and just go uni. When i go to tack I have the option to unfurl and point higher and do an easier tack bafore going back to the reach. Lastly it is really nice when I am taking friends out who don't know anything about sailing (most of the time these days). I can furl up the jib and I don't have to worry if they sit on the blocks or get tangled in teh sheet. It also speeds up my rigging because I can leave the jib up all the time.

All and all it is just a convenience item, but quite a nice one. I pieced mine together for about $150 including all the bits and new forestay mostly used. You can probably do it for that or less if you are patient and wait for people to sell things here or on ebay.

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • golfdad75
    mma600psiAfter just about a week of using a roller furling jib, I love it. It makes handling the boat a lot easier.

Why? What is easier?

Depowering the boat, coming into shore/ the marina after the last tack/jibe I furl the jib and start preparing the boat for landing.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.