Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Saturday sail gps data  Bottom

• Gathered this data by wearing a Garmin 305 wrist gps unit (for exercise). Wind was est ~10kts.

http://connect.garmin.com…ty/40722609?sms_ss=email

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • Thats cool. Does the 305 help you navigate as well?

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • No. It does not help with navigation. However it does have a heartrate monitor I usual wear when I run. I wish I would have had it on to see if the speed increases corresponded with increases in hr. Maybe next time.

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • Funny you said that about the heart rate monitor, i was looking for that on your charts! I see you sailed on Lake Murray. I grew up in Greenville and we still go to Debordieu. Just finished a week of sailing there. It was a blast. When driving thru we stopped at Maurice's ....mmm..mm.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • Yep..it's hard to beat Piggy Park.

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • i used to frequent lake Multry when i was stationed in Charleston. they had rental trailers fully stocked for about $10 for the weekend. we would get about 50 people in a trailer. it was a blast. especially when out on a boat and the air force jets would go supersonic over head
  • You mean Moultrie? Never been there myself but sounds like a blast. Just curious "rental trailer"? is that a camper?

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • yes Moultrie,
    yes camper

back in the day it was for DoD only (if i recall correctly.. it was over 20 years ago)
  • the 305 isnt water proof though the 310xt is triathlon specific. i run too. thats cool i didnt knwo about it showing exactly where you went like that on the computer

--
    Nacra 6.0 NA
    Ogden Dunes, IN
    --
  • Don't know if you noticed but if you click "player" on ther upper right of that link it will "play back" the route traking speed etc.

--
    Gray Amick
    Chapin, SC
    '77 NACRA 5.2
    --
  • Thats pretty cool. Looks like a great way to dial in a boat...or its captian.
  • this is my track from the race around shelter island (NY) on Saturday green h16 , red prindle16

gps garmin foretrex 201

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlUtFU321aA

bernd nacra5.8 sc19
  • Interesting jump ahead on the north side. I guess if you hit the gust first? Cool!

edited by: divimon2000, Aug 11, 2010 - 12:14 PM

--
    H18, H17, P19, Glastron GT-150 (Bond jump boat)
    --
  • This is really cool. On the southern leg I noticed that the P16 sailor rounded itself around the island and maintained speed while the H16 tacked around the curve of the island. Was the different route due to the sailor or boat constraints? It made a huge differnce.

Gotta get one of these things....

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • that's a good question. i was on the green boat and with my friend on the tiller. i had the feeling we are pinching to much and recommended to my friend to make a short tack to get a better run after the tack. it did not work out. so when do you know when to tack or stay your course ? if you look after the 2nd tack we are much faster http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QbZHbH2Vo

bernd
  • Yes you did have a good run after that tack. You also did some good sailing around the southeast corner of the route when "red" made a couple tacks and you stayed the course and did a lot of catching up.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • I think it's funny that it includes a chart of your elevation. I guess the waves weren't big enough to register!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.