Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

gibbs catamaran 18'  Bottom

• Has anyone ever sailed one of these?
    How hard is it to find parts?
    where can I find any more information?
    I found one for very cheap but it needs a tramp and I can not find any information.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    casey
  • Sounds like a Phoenix, the little sister to the Shark, both made by Gibbs in La Salle, Mi (or Ohio). Very few made as Shark was far more popular. You will have to take very careful measurements as well as careful measurement of extrusion grooves, then call Carl at SLO 805-479-6122. Where is it ? Pete
  • thanks for the reply pete,

It is near Portland Oregon. No trailer, but I figure I can modify my current cat trailer for a slightly larger boat. I live about 3 hours away, so I can't meaure the boat myself.
    just seems like a great price for a larger boat. He is asking 400. but the tramp has been removed and the owner says it needs "re-stiched".

• Forget restitching, but send the old tramp as well as measurements to SLO. They shrink a little over the years. Is it all glass & maybe faded red deck ? Pete
  • I have one...67' phoenix. I have owned it since 1980. It has no tramp..been replaced with a piece of 3/4" honeycomb aluminum. Very strong but light. It has a white finish that gets slick when wet but I putm friction strips on it and it works justs fine. Really handy for walking up the mast.Don't know about parts...the only thing I ever needed I had to have made by a machinist.
    zollcat09Has anyone ever sailed one of these?
    How hard is it to find parts?
    where can I find any more information?
    I found one for very cheap but it needs a tramp and I can not find any information.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    casey

• See problems with SLO posted on Catsailor.com at least one person has had very bad service John
  • calcheckSee problems with SLO posted on Catsailor.com at least one person has had very bad service John

more than 1

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.