Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Seattle Area - place to meet other Nacra  Bottom

• Hi,

I just got a Nacra 5.8 and I am looking to sail with other cats... Or sailboats... The boat is currently at Sail Sand Point... Which is a great place but not a lot of people are willing to sail in the winter...

Anybody from this area who has a cat or other sailboat that I could join for practicing racing technics, exchange ideas... Anything that would keep us on the water every week end!

Thank you
    -Nicolas
  • So many replies...

It does not look like this forum is very active... Anybody has a hint on where I should post the same question and have replies?
  • maybe this question is easier to answer... icon_smile
  • Nicolas,

Where is Sail Sand Point?

Might be able to point you in the right direction.

Please fill out your member profile, link in the main mmenu.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I have not seen a lot of discussion from people located in the Seattle area on this website. This is a fairly active forum, especially during the sailing season. There is also the Yahoo Group associated with this website you could try.

flatericSo many replies...

Not always a the best way to encourage people to give advise when you are new on a site. Maybe a hundred replies of "I don't know" would have been better?

edited by: smfinley, Nov 03, 2009 - 04:59 PM

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Sail Sand Point is in the middle of Seattle. Here is a link to the place:
    http://maps.google.com/ma….036392&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A

I will fill my profile...
    smfinley: As you say, this forum is active during sailing season... But sailing season is all year long... icon_smile I would hope so... I live in Seattle and I wish people were more active in sailing catamaran. There are probably 200 catamarans stored at Sail Sand Point (privately owned) but I have seen only one catamaran other than mine on the water...

I am from the south east of France and we have people sailing all the time... And there are regattas all year long on the coast...

I really appreciate having you responding even if you dont give me a straight response, at least I know my question has been seen... icon_smile

Thank you
  • My sailing season is over. My beach closes the end of October and does not reopen until May, when the water can still be in the 40's. One of the downsides of sailing in the Midwest.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • I guess technically I could still be sailing now... Although in about 2 weeks, I will need a serious chainsaw to cut though the ice to get to the water.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Wolfman: this is just a detail... icon_smile ehe I agree in this condition, you are having a lack of liquid water to sail on...

The lake does not freeze here in Seattle... But people seem to find a reason not to sail... ehehe
  • eheh... That looks fun!!
  • Nicolas -

I have been out of commission for the soccer season, but I will be able to start sailing again on Lake Washington most likely Thanksgiving weekend. It's always nice to sail with other catamarans. I have a Hobie 21SE and sail from Magnussen park south of SSP. My rig is 60' long with van and mast and 14' wide with wings and I need the extra room to rig and derig the boat. I will be sailing most of the winter if I am not in the mountains boarding or on the coast surfing.
  • You are kidding me... We need to meet...
    I just moved from Florida a year ago and I miss surfing... I went once at Wesport and I dont think I had the right equipment at that time, I was freezing my a... I am going to San Diego next week for 5 days to surf (in a little warmer weather...).

Send me your number and we could meet for a beer or something...
    Apparently you play soccer too... I play on Fridays at Arena in Redmond for the drop-ins. If you want to meet there, they serve beer as well... The games are from 9pm to 11pm... I will send you my number by pm in case you are interested...

Peace
    -Nico
  • Well, I just picked up an '86 Nacra 5.8 (not the NA) from a guy in Boise (which I have yet to pick up) and I'm planning on sailing mine out of Saindpoint as well.
  • I'm moving this thread to "Getting Started" so it can be seen.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • thatcher.hubbardWell, I just picked up an '86 Nacra 5.8 (not the NA) from a guy in Boise (which I have yet to pick up) and I'm planning on sailing mine out of Saindpoint as well.

Woohooo... Let me know as soon as you have your Nacra and you are ready to go sailing...
    I need to work on my boat before being able to sail again (broke a dagger board in half while sailing with Spesce and someone stole my main sail blocks and line...).

Just for your information: Do not leave your blocks on your cat at Sail Sand Point... I got mine stolen not long ago and now I am a few hundred dollars back in order to sail again! icon_frown
  • Yeah, the one I bought it going to need some attention, though I think it's mostly needs a thorough cleaning. I may need to replace some running rigging.

I'll PM you when I'm up and running.
  • Hopefully the weather will be warmer soon and I will be able to get people coming with me... icon_smile
    Cant wait to Sail with other Cats... And you got a 5.8, it will only be more fun to sail against each other! icon_smile

If you need some help, just pm me and we can meet at Sandpoint to work on our boats... Mine needs some cleaning too!
  • Hey I realize this is an old thread - but if anyone is still watching, I just moved to Seattle and I'm looking for other people to sail with on the lake. I just got a punch pass at Sail Sand Point, and passed their checkout test on a Hobie Wave. The Wave is OK for goofing around, but after having sailed a Hobie 16 for while, it's just not really gonna cut it. They have some Hobie 16s, but the problem is, they won't let me do the checkout test on a H16 without a crew - the test involves a capsize/righting exercise, and it's pretty hard to right a H16 solo. So, I need crew willing to get wet - at least the first time out - or I'm happy to crew for someone else who has their own cat or has checked out on a H16 at Sand Point.

Drop me a line - clymbon@gmail.com

Duncan

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.