Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Harken ratchamatics vs carbo  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• nacra55 The boomless rig likes massive amounts of sheet tension.
    Sounds like its the nature of beast! I will try the 8:1 setup.

mummp
    andrewscott
    i believe you will be more overpowered without a rotator limiter engaged.

Again, the control here is the clew traveler (outhaul). The 5.5 is boomless and it's an over-rotator, not limiter. Remember, applying mainsheet tension flattens the main on a boomless rig. Downhaul first, then adjust clew traveler, as you have these sheeted on hard the mast rotates aft already. Travel down and maintain mainsheet tension. If you still have alot of draft in your main it is blown, and then using the rotator to limit will help some, but is being used as a crutch for something else (the blown main). It really won't help much with the healing moment.

Your experience with the full range of clew traveler should be measured in a few inches when going to weather.

Definately more adjustments on this rig I am not use to adjusting so thanks for the info on adjustments to play with.
  • When we moved from the 16 to the 5.5SL, we were 280lbs and the boat was powered up and overwhelming. I talked to several hotshots at that time and I raked the spreaders back and cranked the diamond wires, but we suffered in light air. We got the boat were we could handle 10-15 mph winds and never looked back. Now with an extra 40lbs on the boat, I would have loved to have had my original settings back but they are long lost. The boat does not like a lot of crew weight and likes the weight forward. If you drag the sterns she?s a dog.

What conditions do you sail in?
    Crew weight?
    Spreader rake?
    Diamond wire tension?

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --

• What conditions do you sail in? In the gulf @ Surfside beach Texas
    Crew weight? I am heavy @ 230 and do not have a steady crew.
    Spreader rake? Not sure of the exact angle but its raked back a few inches.
    Diamond wire tension? They are tight.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.