Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Places to store a Hobie on Long Island  Bottom

• Hey Guys I live on Long Island and plan on getting a Hobie, or Nacra I really miss my Hobie I had before I moved here...I used to sail it every single day in the summer. Problem is I've got no car to pull it around and nowhere to leave it since I rent, and I don't want to put a hitch on my car if I did have a place to store it at my apartment. Was wondering if any Long Islanders had any advise for me on where I could inexpensively keep a Hobie/Nacra. The location would have to be within dolly/cat trax distance to the water, and I live in Farmingdale so not too far of a drive (within 20 miles I'd say) If I were to keep it on someone's proporty they would have access to using the boat as part of the deal.

Thanks!
  • There is a marina in dead horse bay/bottle beach called gateway marina 11S off belt parkway (I think), they have a number of beach cats. I found it for a friend a year ago when he was looking at getting into sailing. I think it is something like $500 for the season. Its a good area because you are right outside of Jamaica bay or you can sail over to coney island.
    I remember looking for a few days and couldn't find anywhere else on long island in that area. Also that marina is guarded so you don't have to worry about keeping it on a beach and someone coming along and vandalizing your boat.
  • great thanks, I'll look into it!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.