Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P16 Jib 'uphaul' arrangement and mast rake setting  Bottom

• Hi there

I've very new to this website and have just bought another P16 after about 15 yrs. Got an absolute bargain on ebay - Aussie $860 for a superb condition P19 on a registered trailer.

The new cat, like my last one, doesn't have any rigging to allow me to raise/lower the jib whilst the mast is up.

I found some general comments on this site regarding jib 'uphaul' arrangements but would really appreciate if there was anyone with a photo or diagram they could post - a picture tells a thousand words !!

Similarly, I've read that the P16 goes like a dog if the mast rake is incorrect. Does anyone have a photo or picture shoing how I measure and set the correct rake angle?

Thanks in advance

Wazza_s
    (Newcastle, Australia)
  • I have sailed and raced P-16 for many years and I never carried any mast rake, most of us carried the mast straight up and the boat seemed to perform very well. The P-16 has a lot more volume forward than a Hobie 16 and does not need the rake that the Hobie does. You can download a Prindle manual from the Performance site, either USA or Europe.
  • Thanks for the quick reply Hullflyer. Do you know the URL for the website with the manual. I just Googled and couldn't see much making sense.
  • looks like performance catamarans have reorganised their website somewhat

but the prindle stuff was still buried in there at

http://www.nacra.us/Prindles/Prindle151618Manual.pdf

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.