Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Any advice on a new cat?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• wolfman, your onto something! havent seen that at any tailgate so far, genious!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • haha, Thanks for the advice, I am glad i got the foam advice because ive been around boats my whole life and just never would have thought of the water loggage inside the foam.-- Im looking At the post of that p16 now, its in the same general are of where i was going this weekend and i might swing by.

Thanks ---Isaac

edited by: crasyman95, Jan 26, 2010 - 07:52 PM
  • i bet you liked that catalina 22? those are great little boats. i used to have a san juan 21 and still miss that boat. my buddy had the catalina and we had many a good camping trip back in the day. he just totally restored it and still races her regular, good times.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Ya it was great but my dad had a hard time getting over the cabin and all the things sticking up everywhere, he tripped alot.
  • if your dad wants to sail on the cat, heres a trick for the older not so mobil cat passenger, we take the small bean bag chair and about 3' shock cord for cruising. its unbelievably comfortable and easy to deal with, not to mention handy for those beach parties!!!!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Haha cool, i outa try that!
  • Issac,

Welcome to the catamaran sailing community. I hope to see you out on the water sometime. I launch mostly out at Kelly Park or off the 406 up in Titusville. You can't go wrong with either of those boats you are looking at. Sorry to hear about your dad.

edited by: flightlead, Jan 28, 2010 - 08:30 AM

--
    Flightlead Bimare F18 HT SpaceCoast
    --
  • All,

Was just up in the Titusville/Coco Beach area over the holidays. You are very fortunate Iasac! Good luck with your selection. You really cannot go wrong with either boat. PS get yourself a good set of beach wheels if you are trailering. One note: A Nacra 5.0 is also a sweet ride if you can find one.
  • Git-R-Done, seen this slogan around? You have the skills, you have good advice, you have the location and you have the warm(er) climate. NOW GO GET THE BOAT AND GET SAILING !!! icon_biggrin

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Yep, I agree with Larry, if you can find one and afford it the Nacra 5.0 is a moderately nicer boat than both the P16 and H16. Of course I'm biased too.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • flightleadIssac,

Welcome to catamaran sailing community. I hope to see you out on the water sometime. I launch mostly out at Kelly Park or off the 406 up in Titusville. You can't go wrong with either of those boats you are looking at. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Kelly park is my main sailing spot too, that is where i windsurf and bring the boats.
  • turbohoboGit-R-Done, seen this slogan around? You have the skills, you have good advice, you have the location and you have the warm(er) climate. NOW GO GET THE BOAT AND GET SAILING !!! icon_biggrin

HAHA, I WILL ASAP! :)

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.