Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for info on P-Cat 2/18  Bottom

• I am a novice looking for a small cat around 18ft as a price I can afford. I have a few options and the latest and cheapest is a P-Cat 2/18. I can find very little about this boat. I know it is supposed to be sailable not a fixer and it has a hard deck not a tramp. Other than that not much. it also isa ways away from home to get about 6hr drive.

I have 2 other options one also same distance sailable a Sol cat 18 cost a bit more but has some extras like trap rigging and mast float etc...

And the last is closer to home and priced between the 2 others but the owner is as much a novice as I am has nvr had it in the water. He says all is good but the Tramp may need to be replaced. It is a Prindle 18. trailer probably needs new tires.

I would like any help or sugestions with any of these boats. Thanks much in advance.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Nevermind about the P-Cat I ended up buying the Prindle 18

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • I HAVE P-CAT AND AM LOOKING FOR PARTS. CAN YOU PROVIDE CONTACT OF THE ONE YOU WERE LOOKING AT.
  • thomastbeutlerI HAVE P-CAT AND AM LOOKING FOR PARTS. CAN YOU PROVIDE CONTACT OF THE ONE YOU WERE LOOKING AT.

I am sry I took so long to notice your request. I had found it on Cragslist under idaho, Boise and a search under boats. however I am not seeing it there anymore.

but I did get the following info from another forum

"I finally donated my P-cat to a great Brigham Young University sailing club in Provo, Utah.

There are a number of P-cats still around and they?re great boats, though not like a trampoline beach cat....but then again...how many 19 foot trampoline beach cats can you load six people and a big cooler on and still sail almost as good as if it was less loaded.

Mine is hull number 54.

Last time I checked in about 2000, Pacific Catamaran still even produces boats on a custom order basis...though the business itself, doesn?t have someone there very often.

I?ve seen P-cats, in ?beater? condition, but complete with trailer for sale in the $200 range.

A few years ago I saw a 1981 for $625 and a 1990 in beautiful condition for $1500

Pacific Catamran's address (at least last time I check in 2000 or so) was:

Pacific Catamaran
    447 N. New Port Beach Blvd.
    New Port Beach, California
    92663-4201
    tel. (714) 645-4520

There?s usually no one answering the phone...but I think the ?owner? checks the answering machine and he was good enough to return my phone call when I was curious about this or that.... I think he spent a lot of time out of state.

If it would help, I?ve got some copies of owner?s manuals, articles about them in sailing magazines and some other printed stuff.

Good luck to you...

Tom H. "

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • I've got a PCat i think it's a 3 18 ... I need to check the difference again ... it's sail area and mast height

Anyway I'd be very interested in pictures manuals articles ...
  • I have a set of p-cat sails with boom, dagger boards and rudders.

No boat. :o(
  • how much for everything?

What kind of shape are the sails in?
    Stored inside?
    stains?
    old?
    new?
    pliant?

• I'll have to take a look.

The sais are in the garage.

Rudders and dagger boards are in the back yard.

My Dad bought them, and the has passed away.

They are at my Mom's house in Orange County.

I'll see if I can take some pics.

As for price, I haven't given it much thought.

Where are you, and what do you have in the way of a boat?
  • Hi Saltydodd,
    If Hadukovich isn't interested in the P-Cat parts you are wanting to sell, then I might be. I have P-Cat # 392 built in the early 1970's. I'd like to stockpile some spare parts if possible, especially rudders and dagger boards. I live in So. Cal so I could pick them up, possibly this week of Thanksgiving. Thanks, Dan
    saltydoddI'll have to take a look.

The sais are in the garage.

Rudders and dagger boards are in the back yard.

My Dad bought them, and the has passed away.

They are at my Mom's house in Orange County.

I'll see if I can take some pics.

As for price, I haven't given it much thought.

Where are you, and what do you have in the way of a boat?

• All that was left in my Mom's back yard was one dagger board.

I brought it home with the sails and boom.

She was getting rid of the "junk" in her back yard, a little at a time.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/saltydodds/IMG_6183.jpg?t=1263249991
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/saltydodds/IMG_6185.jpg?t=1263250060

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/saltydodds/IMG_6188.jpg?t=1263250110
  • Nice doggy.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.